Trade Tax

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: Trade Tax

Postby Rjcook » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:36 pm

why not make this a voodoo card ...caster nation get said percentage of port sales for x amount of time per turns used.
Rjcook

Postby Maha » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:38 pm

i dislike the tax being paid by the system.
every night the nations already get a ship tax. don't see need to add more.
Maha

Postby Rjcook » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 pm

no it should be taken from players port sales
Rjcook

Postby Maha » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:23 pm

all that this suggestion would do is that the king of a nation (and in a few cases some dukes) will get more income through the nation whose vote they control.

i understand that you hope that more nations compete for port control, but this is not the way. as long as nations have no real purpose in the game it has no use to let them harvest gc. for now the nations main purpose is in controlling a port. to do so and to keep doing so hundreds of millions are needed.
Maha

Postby Rjcook » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:57 pm

this card would give nations that dont and dont have the resources to hold a port get a chance for some extra coin..maybe a game expansion could happen for more ports add..
Rjcook

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:13 pm

My view is that there are too many nations for the current player base : realistically, no more than 10 could ever grow strong enough to challenge for port control : now, its nice folk can join a nation they feel some affinity for, but that dont make it feasable for all nations to be made 'equal' by the game to the task of port control : if you choose to be in a particular nation which turns out to be too weak, that is your choice and its for your own reasons : if you want that nation to be a powerhouse, you are going to have to recruit, work, earn, save, invest and plot to make it so. It can be done, and has been done : its never easy and should not be easy. Without a port, there is little reason for a small nation to even bother with worrying about its treasury : no small nations treasury would or could ever grow strong enough to support a port take-over ; thats something for a group of rich strong players : the treasury fills after the port take-over, not before.
So, the truth is, if you want your nation to grow strong enough to take a port : dont waste time fiddling about with minor taxes and such like : they will never be enough : gather a group of committed players first who are prepared to risk their purse in the venture.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:36 pm

definitely im agree with you danik and also agree with maha. as i said probably my suggestion will give at max 100-150k gold daily(which requires 2500 ships to trade for goods not party cards). this amount will be barely 50m income for a nation. im not that inexperienced to think with that much of tax a nation can take a port. it will only help smaller nations to give some insurance and stipends to their citizens for encourage them.

My suggestion not for get a income to take a port. i already know that its not an easy task to do. you will need literally billions and group of committed players, at present for take a port at least gather 10 player with 1-2 strong and rich ones. stock your voodoos and golds and than take one it will be mostly happen diplomatic takeover instead of hostile ways.

Is it worth to try? like Maha said on another topic what is the point of trying hard way if you can easily join a port holder nation and get fully benefit of owning a port.
Mugiwara

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Then all your proposal does is to shuffle coin around between its citizens : taking from all in trade tax and giving it back to those who qualify for stipends or insurance : I dont see how that will encourage growth.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Maha » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Mugiwara wrote: it will only help smaller nations to give some insurance and stipends to their citizens for encourage them.
the income would not be sufficient for that. or if it was, an big player would become king and set the tax system so that others refrain from ranking up, thus he controls the pot with gold, why share???

as i said, i disagree with game generated free gold!

i disagree with encouraging small nations to exist. 25 nations max will do, a few for the lone king players :) and the rest for the serious stuff.
Maha

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Danik wrote:Then all your proposal does is to shuffle coin around between its citizens : taking from all in trade tax and giving it back to those who qualify for stipends or insurance : I dont see how that will encourage growth.
stipends and insurance one of the elements to help nations to recruit more members.

Maha wrote:the income would not be sufficient for that. or if it was, an big player would become king and set the tax system so that others refrain from ranking up, thus he controls the pot with gold, why share???

as i said, i disagree with game generated free gold!

i disagree with encouraging small nations to exist. 25 nations max will do, a few for the lone king players :) and the rest for the serious stuff.

When i said smaller nations i didnt meant 1-2 player based nations who barely have 30-40 ships.

Well this tax generated by players trade activity. lone kings or nations with 1-2 player wouldnt get any benefits from that tax. this will be useful for more player based nations which kings cant dictate his tax rates. due to vote power.

Im also starting to agree with having less than 20-25 nations but its another topic:)
Mugiwara

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions