Trade Tax

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Trade Tax

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Main Idea:
This will help smaller nations more than bigger ones i hope. Because most of the bigger traders using party cards which has no sale only buy options.
Additional income way to make your nation stronger.

Every resource sold by the player(include gold bars), returns %0.1 of the value to the nation that player belongs to it.(Paid by game)
This suggestion similar to %1 port sale income for port owning nations. So flat amount not changeable by nation's members.

I made a calculations. Lets assume regis vaasburg with 50 fleet 540 cargo on each fleet(4lmm 1 howker)
can carry 54000 resource in two hours.
Sale value 20+12/2= 16
54000X16= 864000 total sale value.
12 travel during a day X 864000 = 10368000
%0.1 of the 10368000= 10,368 gold for nation's treasury

for gold bars
a level 20 goldsmither can produce max 9600 gold bar per day.Lets say he sell them for 2k gold.
19.2m daily gold income total.
%0.1 of 19.2m = 19.2k gold(not a huge boost for wealthy players' nation)

This %0.1 maybe weak but i would like to hear your thoughts about this law suggestion.

Sincerely Mugiwara...
Mugiwara

Re: Trade Tax

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:08 pm

There is already a tax on gold bar sales : will this replace the current system or be in addition to it?

taken from help pages :

Every resource sold from the port market, returns 1% of the value to the nation that controls it.

The nation that holds the port, earns 0.75% on every Gold Bar crate sale.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Danik wrote:There is already a tax on gold bar sales : will this replace the current system or be in addition to it?

taken from help pages :

Every resource sold from the port market, returns 1% of the value to the nation that controls it.

This tax apply for sale from market but my tax suggestion applies for sale to market.

The nation that holds the port, earns 0.75% on every Gold Bar crate sale.

I guess this one also same like first one. applied for sale from market.

And my suggestion include non port holder nations.
Mugiwara

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:37 pm

There is already a tax on gold bar sales : will this replace the current system or be in addition to it?

Will the new tax be applied to the sales already subject to tax, or will your suggestion replace the existing system?

Currently, I fly a Spanish flag : if I ship and sell Gold bars in Psaral, the owner of that port receives the tax on the sale : will I also have to pay a further tax to Spain for that sale, or will the new tax replace that tax paid to the port owner?
Last edited by Most Lee Harmless on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:43 pm

like i said the current taxes for only sale from market. im offering tax for sale to market by players.

when you bought gold bar from market "The nation that holds the port, earns 0.75% on every Gold Bar crate sale." will applied.(not %100 sure)

but my suggestion is an addition for sale to markets. not a replacement.
Mugiwara

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:45 pm

No, the Trade Tax applies to all resources sold from the market : The tax on Gold Bars applies to all sales.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:49 pm

ok i was wrong thanks for clarification. My suggestion is an addition not a replacement like i said. I would like to hear your thought on rates and suggestion.
Mugiwara

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:56 pm

There is enough tax already : if a small nation wishes to boost its coffers, other tools exist : ship tax, for example : it can tweak its bank taxes, skirmish insurance and loan insurance too.
If the purpose is just to fill its coffers to then make stipend payments to its leading light,s my response would be: 'Get a job ya bludgers!'
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Mugiwara » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:59 pm

those taxes for mostly port holding nations. im trying to give a tax for all nations (exclude big traders)

how do you know that im bludger? you are genious:)
Mugiwara

Postby Haron » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:27 pm

I think taxes should only be for port holding nations. There may be room for improvement in those, sure, but I think it's the nation controlling a port that should get the tax. Holding ports should be lucrative, so more nations will fight to get them. Also, holding a port is expensive, taxes are needed for those who hold them.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Next

Return to Law Suggestions