Nation Issued Bounties

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Nation Issued Bounties

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:20 pm

I know this has been discussed within other topics but I haven't seen a law suggestion for it directly.

Nation should be able to issue bounties directly.

A member of the Nation Council can submit a vote to place a bounty.
The bounty's total gc amounts will have the same monetary restrictions as Payouts.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Re: Nation Issued Bounties

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:22 pm

DezNutz wrote:I know this has been discussed within other topics but I haven't seen a law suggestion for it directly.

Nation should be able to issue bounties directly.

A member of the Nation Council can submit a vote to place a bounty.
The bounty's total gc amounts will have the same monetary restrictions as Payouts.

I do agree with this, but only if the Nation is revealed. If a nation is willing to spend such amounts they should be able to own up to it.
Admiral Nelson

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:25 pm

The same could be said about players, if a player is willing to drop such amounts they should be able to own up to it.

DezNutz

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:27 pm

DezNutz wrote:The same could be said about players, if a player is willing to drop such amounts they should be able to own up to it.

Nations are a bit bigger then players... No?
Admiral Nelson

Postby Knight Orlong » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:34 pm

I agree with Nelson up there, but hide the amount the nation is going to reward - it will make bounty hunters think and guess who is worth the hits, assuming that a nation has multiple targets (and this provides a nice way to trick people into doing your dirty work). Hey, you never said you were going to offer a fair reward.
Knight Orlong
Knight Orlong

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:43 pm

Nervous Nelson wrote:
DezNutz wrote:The same could be said about players, if a player is willing to drop such amounts they should be able to own up to it.

Nations are a bit bigger then players... No?

Yes, but not all. In fact comparatively, Most players have more wealth than most nations. We could hard limit the total bounty, as well the bounty amounts are restricted to the same rules as treasury payouts, which is at least 250k and no more than 75% of the total treasury can be placed in payout votes at any given time (that's cumulative so if a nation has payout votes that combined are 50% of the treasury, the bounty can't exceed 25% of the treasury).

Knight Orlong wrote:I agree with Nelson up there, but hide the amount the nation is going to reward - it will make bounty hunters think and guess who is worth the hits, assuming that a nation has multiple targets (and this provides a nice way to trick people into doing your dirty work). Hey, you never said you were going to offer a fair reward.

That would be interesting.

DezNutz

Postby not a pirate » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:28 pm

-1... "Most players have more wealth than most nations..." so why use the national treasury to place a bounty? It may seem like a cool suggestion, but it would just add an unnecessary feature to the game that would, in my opinion, waste time.
not a pirate

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Ferdinand wrote:-1... "Most players have more wealth than most nations..." so why use the national treasury to place a bounty? It may seem like a cool suggestion, but it would just add an unnecessary feature to the game that would, in my opinion, waste time.

Out of the 200+ nations only a small handful are extremely wealthy.

Nation Hostility.

As you can't expel or deport active nation players, as means for nation leadership to directly hit a nation player acting in contradiction to national policy such as NAPs. It would allow the nation as a whole to "punish" players in violation and wouldn't single out a single player having to place the bounty.

DezNutz

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Aye, but this be used against Pirates of which me' no mind at all, but it be a coward way.
Admiral Nelson

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Nervous Nelson wrote:Aye, but this be used against Pirates of which me' no mind at all, but it be a coward way.

Not really. Not everyone plays the game the same way. Bounties allow players to attack or counter via other means.

DezNutz

Next

Return to Law Suggestions