Act of Piracy Law - Against Pirates within!

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Is this Suggestion worthy of being Approved?

Yes.
46%
Yes with a few edits.
38%
No ( Please state why )
15%

Total votes : 13

Act of Piracy Law - Against Pirates within!

Postby Admiral Nelson » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:19 am

Recently, I conducted a raid of which me attacked my fellow Guluere who is in the same nation as I', savvy?

Of which, me' was able to attack him 50 times and not get kicked out, So I be making this suggestion:

Code: Select all
If a player has conducted more then 25 battles against his own nation in a 24 hour zone, the Scallywag be punished to deportation ( Just turns to a pirate Instantly ) 

There will be a On/Off switch to those who encourage piracy, anyone can make this a reality as long as they hold the rank " Duke ".

Pros:
> Reduces piracy from within the nation.
> Add's a strategy's to the game as it does get rid of one. ( Player attacks 24 times before update, then 24 after and he still be allowed to stay )

Cons:
> Reduces strategy : Although one be able' to use Hired Diplomats to conduct such, there will be a limit put in place to how far he can cheat the nation with that salty' move.

Suggestions/Thoughts welcome,

I be Nelson, of the Nelson party.
Last edited by Admiral Nelson on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral Nelson

Re: Act of Piracy Law - Against Pirates within!

Postby Shadowood » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:45 am

+1
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby William one eye » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:41 am

+1
Mostly agree with this.
I like the option of a nation being able to turn it on or off. Even better if a nation could choose high restriction, normal ( current system ), low restriction.

I see people getting kicked out of the nation, because restrictions increased and they did not bother to check the national laws on that particular day.
( maybe a warning message if you are about to get kicked out )
William one eye

Postby Bmw » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:57 am

+1 i think they should also add certin types of voodoo to this so if there trying to takeover the nation like what happened to the usa (after the rothschild incident)
Bmw

Postby TheLoveTiger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:06 pm

If this person is conducting 25 battles against their own nation, they should have a danger rating of 150 which would of sent them pirate 90 danger points ago, unless they have someone use a Hired Diplomat on them. This request is rather a rarity as it is not very often someone is being hit from within their own nation. Even when I was involved with moving into a nation, I doubt I came even close to 25 hits in a day. The same with voodoo why block a player from using voodoo? If you don't want voodoo cast on you, keep a MB up. The whole purpose of the game is to either be a merchant and run the risks or to be the one attacking a person/nation for their wealth. If you limit the way someone can attack why not just call the game Merchants Glory; create safe rooms for everyone and remove trigger words, it's pointless.
TheLoveTiger

Postby William one eye » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:20 pm

TheLoveTiger wrote:If this person is conducting 25 battles against their own nation, they should have a danger rating of 150 which would of sent them pirate 90 danger points ago, unless they have someone use a Hired Diplomat on them. This request is rather a rarity as it is not very often someone is being hit from within their own nation. Even when I was involved with moving into a nation, I doubt I came even close to 25 hits in a day. The same with voodoo why block a player from using voodoo? If you don't want voodoo cast on you, keep a MB up. The whole purpose of the game is to either be a merchant and run the risks or to be the one attacking a person/nation for their wealth. If you limit the way someone can attack why not just call the game Merchants Glory; create safe rooms for everyone and remove trigger words, it's pointless.

+1 for the original concept - but only if a nation can select the level of restriction.
The restriction or lack of restriction will run both directions, as it could benefit or restrict a player attacking other nationals for the sake of plunder or nation takeover, it will also affect the ability of the controlling party to attack back at players trying to move in and take over. The ability of a nation to choose a piracy restriction level adds national strategy. It also may affect a players choice as to which nation they choose to belong to.
William one eye

Postby Haron » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Bmw wrote:+1 i think they should also add certin types of voodoo to this so if there trying to takeover the nation like what happened to the usa (after the rothschild incident)

I disagree with having voodoo add danger. At least for now. That is a suggestion which is VERY difficult to make clear and consistent - and also, some sort of infighting inside a nation should be expected.

As for the original idea, I've thought about it, and although I can see reasons for it, I'm concluding that my vote will be "no". I think if you're willing to pay the price of hired diplomats, such actions should be allowed. And there's always the option to get others to attack for you. I DO see some need to give people a stronger sense of belonging to their nations, though. Yet, I think the current restrictions are strong enough, regarding danger and plunder.

Also, keep in mind the following strategy by a pirate attacking a "one-nation guild": As a pirate, attack them as much as you want. Then, get hired diplomats cast on you, and enter the nation as a citizen. With strong restrictions on plunders/voodoo before turning pirate, you're now limiting their ways to retaliate (***HARK they could always hire someone, though HARK***). It's hard enough within the current frames, I think.

Finally: Even with such restrictions in place, the determined pirate always has the option to attack anyway, and become pirate. THEN he could get hired diplomats cast on him, and enter the nation as a citizen again.

Too much text; sorry. In short: I think some way to induce a stronger sence of national belonging by making changing (actually, leaving) a nation more difficult may be a good idea. But I think stronger restrictions on plundering your own citizens are not necessary, as I think the existing restrictions are strong enough.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Bmw » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:51 pm

i will mention sometimes you pay someone to help you out outside of your nation and they dont do anything
Bmw

Postby Haron » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Bmw wrote:i will mention sometimes you pay someone to help you out outside of your nation and they dont do anything

Not really related to this post, but it still needs answering: I guess that may be true. So you should hire someone trustworthy. Someone who is known to value trust and confidentiality. In short - hire professionals, not riff raff.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Bmw » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Haron wrote:
Bmw wrote:i will mention sometimes you pay someone to help you out outside of your nation and they dont do anything

Not really related to this post, but it still needs answering: I guess that may be true. So you should hire someone trustworthy. Someone who is known to value trust and confidentiality. In short - hire professionals, not riff raff.

yeah you cna hire someone you can trust and then they get hired by he other side to not do anything so they sit there and watch
Bmw

Next

Return to Law Suggestions