Act of Piracy Law - Against Pirates within!

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Is this Suggestion worthy of being Approved?

Yes.
46%
Yes with a few edits.
38%
No ( Please state why )
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: Act of Piracy Law - Against Pirates within!

Postby Haron » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:09 pm

If that is an accusation, I suggest you post it in the forum where it belongs - the "Union of Honor" - and it may get a proper reply. Now, we're just polluting this thread with things that are irrelevant to the suggestion.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:15 pm

I don't believe this is a needed feature for nations - if you have someone attacking fellow subjects, and are looking to stop them, a combination of voodoo attacks (which do not raise hostility) and some well placed, value ridden bounties on the bounty board should provide enough to counter this type of individual.

That said, a national law could be proposed that would create a penalty for attacking one's fellow citizens; perhaps if an act of piracy against fellow subjects does occur, a fine paid to the national treasury (or a debt incurred), title bonuses are withheld for so many days, or rank is dropped one level - something of that nature. However, it would require a vote. This would play more like the political nature of in-fighting with a nation, rather than direct deportation by piracy.

A fine system would provide ample room to allow parliament to build up such a debt that if not paid, the offender would be deported due to excess debt.....

Just a different way (a politician's view rather than a guild leader or sea captain's view) to handle the problem.

Just my thoughts on it....
Sir Henry Morgan

Postby Stan Rogers » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Obviously you be posting before tapping a new cask Sir Henry.
Good points and a somewhat desired feature.
Me, I have hit the cask too hard already as when I read the initial question, I ask why deportation and pirate status did not happen during update as hostility should be well north of the 75 point mark.
I thought this thread should have been posted in the 'Bugs' topic. :?
The Last of Barrett's Privateers
Stan Rogers

Postby Bmw » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:06 pm

i went ahead and got a new shipload of rum my last load was turning.
Bmw

Previous

Return to Law Suggestions