National Bonds

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

National Bonds

Postby Donald Trump » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:57 am

Nations can take money from the treasury, and give out Bonds to others.

Example using the US - Example, not truth.
- US treasury: 400 million dollars
- US President fixes the price of a "Bond" to $100 and says pay of the bond will be released in 150 Days.
- Everyone is allowed to buy the US Bond for $100 (US President is only allowed to set up 25% of the treasury's worth in Bonds)

Ex: 400 million in treasury, 100 million dollars worth of bonds can be released (in this case, 1,000,000 bonds are released)

- After 150 days of the Bond's release, the price of the Bond is worth 10% more than originally bought for.
- Everyone can cash in their bonds for $110 each.

Penalties:
- If you cash in your Bond(s) early, it is only worth 50% as of bought.

Specials
- If you change ranks while the Bond has been released, you can only buy 2% of the bonds for the specific rank. (If you bought 1% of the Bonds when you were a citizen, and you become a Captain, you can only buy 2% of the Bonds as Captain, and so on through the ranks)
- If you were a Marquess or lower and you become a Council member, you can no longer buy Bonds, but you can still cash the bonds you bought earlier in.

Limit Per Ranking:

Council Members (0%)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1.King - 0%
2.Governor - 0%
3.Duke - 0%

Noble Class (30%)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
4.Marquess - 10%
5.Count - 10%
6.Baron - 10%

Military Class (40%)
-=-=-=-=-=-
7.Admiral - 10%
8.Colonel - 10%
9.Major - 10%
10.Captain - 10%

Peasant Class (30%)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
11.Citizen - 30%

Council Members CANNOT buy Bonds. Noble Class can buy 30% of the bonds issued in total. Military Class can buy 40% of the bonds issued in total. Peasant class can buy 30% of the bonds issued in total.

While inside the ranks, example being Military, Captain, Captains can only buy 10% of the bonds.
Last edited by Donald Trump on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Re: National Bonds

Postby Bmw » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:03 am

im pretty sure this could be abused somehow
Bmw

Postby Donald Trump » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:04 am

Explain?
Donald Trump

Postby John jacob astor » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:11 am

the king gives himself bonds and then poof he has more money?
John jacob astor

Postby Donald Trump » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:14 am

John jacob astor wrote:the king gives himself bonds and then poof he has more money?

The king would need to give 100million to the treasury during that 150 day period then.
Donald Trump

Postby Sebena » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:46 am

Ramen noodles wrote:
John jacob astor wrote:the king gives himself bonds and then poof he has more money?

The king would need to give 100million to the treasury during that 150 day period then.

and he would earn more when selling them. Do you really think that 100M is a lot? that is pocket change to most older players. Also what stops him from proposing payment from treasury so that way he can return his 100M and earn even more when selling bonds.

-1 from me it can be exploited in too many ways
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby John jacob astor » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:47 am

-1 from me as well
John jacob astor

Postby ChaIbaud » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:58 am

i actually like the idea of giving to the treasury but maybe in a different way

i do know from cruising the forums that a direct donation to the treasury was declined disapproved and dissolved so idk
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Donald Trump » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:18 am

Wolfie wrote:
Ramen noodles wrote:

and he would earn more when selling them. Do you really think that 100M is a lot? that is pocket change to most older players. Also what stops him from proposing payment from treasury so that way he can return his 100M and earn even more when selling bonds.

patched. Updated description
Donald Trump

Postby John jacob astor » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:37 am

Ramen noodles wrote:
Wolfie wrote:
Ramen noodles wrote:

patched. Updated description

still -1. that doesn't really change anything
John jacob astor

Next

Return to Law Suggestions