Nation rank pay

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: Nation rank pay

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:26 pm

players national debt can be subtracted from the sum they would get, so on and so on until its paid
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Haron » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:24 am

You can't use percentages directly, you'd have to use "shares". And to make it simple, why not let every player get as many shares as he has vote power? So, 20 for a king, 15 for a governor,10 for dukes and so on. Then, each player gets a part equal to his share divided by the total shares in the country. So, if a nation has a king, one governor, two dukes and three other nobles, and no players of military class, the total shares would be

20 + 15 + 2x10 + 3x5 = 70

Each duke would then get 10/70 of what is paid out.

And rather than having the automated payouts always be 50%, perhaps let the percentage be part of the law? So an automated payout law has to be passed, with a corresponding percentage (perhaps maximum 50%). That way, the nation can decide IF they want automated payouts, and if so, how big part of the daily income that should be automatically paid out, and how much should be sent to the treasury.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Bigtea47 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:53 am

I think setting up automated payment to people would be great and useful. But i think the numbers would be decided by the nation.
Different nations different payouts.
Some nations might pay more to people who are more helpful (Immigrants,Influance), Some have it split based on ranks. Some nations have inactive people in high ranks.

A lot of factors play a role in payout. So the system would have to have just as many options.
Instead of bringing something down, add to it to make it better.
Bigtea47
Mechanics Researcher

Postby Haron » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:10 am

I disagree with BigTea. If a nation wants to reward specific players, the "ordinary" payout system should be used. I think specifying complex patterns for automated payouts, in order to favor the group that controls the nation, is NOT a good idea. If one wants to do this, simply do NOT pass the law for automated payouts, and use ordinary payouts to your members instead.
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Grimrock Litless » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:57 am

A thing came to my mind, what if someone tracks a person to know when the pay out is done, and cast booty master on him?
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Haron » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:00 am

I thought about that too, Guluere. I suppose it would be a good idea to find some way to handle that (maybe have the player "collect" the payout; if not collected within 24 hours, it's paid automatically?).

However, if this is paid out daily, I doubt the amounts would be large enough that a bounty master would be worth it. I think the sums would be rather small, so it's probably not a BIG problem.
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Ziggfried » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Guluere wrote:A thing came to my mind, what if someone tracks a person to know when the pay out is done, and cast booty master on him?

That's the thing daily payout would not be enough to waste a booty master on by time it's split up but it does give gold back to the ppl to build more ships Wharehouses or even to invest in more influences all increasing nation taxes. Or used for a rainy day to defend the nation. Granted one could save it to move to a new nation but there taxes still paid on there ships ea day they where in the nation. Payouts should be granted to those who pay in
Ziggfried

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:33 pm

This idea has merit - it is definitely a law issue for the council.

Right now, there is a system to send one payment out to one individual. What if a new law could be be made where a daily payment could voted on - one for an amount for 7 to 30 days to one individual....

This way, inactive Dukes, captains, etc would not be on the roster - it would allow the council to customize their system to fit the individual goals of their nation....active people would be rewarded, etc.
Sir Henry Morgan

Postby Ziggfried » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Sir Henry Morgan wrote:This idea has merit - it is definitely a law issue for the council.

Right now, there is a system to send one payment out to one individual. What if a new law could be be made where a daily payment could voted on - one for an amount for 7 to 30 days to one individual....

This way, inactive Dukes, captains, etc would not be on the roster - it would allow the council to customize their system to fit the individual goals of their nation....active people would be rewarded, etc.

I was thinking more of an active law voted in by council that pays out to all citizens of a nation that have military ranks and higher. It would need codes to define who is active ea day to eliminate the none actives from getting paid. Basically like the npc tax law but reversed to pay out to the citizens with a max 50% of a natons daily income adjustable by council with a low of 10%
Ziggfried

Postby ChaIbaud » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:22 pm

theres already something like that in the code, like in the memberlist of guilds it will say activity <7 days and then it could cut off, but this would have to be somewhere in the nations tab
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions