Impeachment of Kings

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Yes or No

+1
29%
71%

Total votes : 21

Re: Impeachment of Kings

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:41 am

Meliva wrote:
Ramen noodles wrote:He can just take another nation. All the nations are open to his rule. And don't forget. Dukes have done the SAME nation quests as the King. There is 0 difference in work input, just leads to gold. Phoenix keeps his influence. As well, who would like to remove Phoenix, the second part relies on non-council vote as well.

take another nation? after all the time, hardwork and effort he put into Egypt? that is downright absurd to say, and in case you have not noticed, increasing you influence with gold IS work. you don't just get gold out of thin air, you generally earn it through trade, plunder, and voodoo. the mission requirements to get to duke and king are the same, but to earn the gold needed is another. and it doesn't matter on who would or would not like to remove phoenix, I used him as an example, that this could be easily abused. also you STILL have not answered on whether in step 3 of your process would everyone have a vote power of 1, to equalize things, or keep the vote power of their rank.

Everyone would get the power 1, except the king, who gets 10. I forgot to mention that. Will do.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Postby Ziggfried » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:44 am

I agree with meliva. Basically with your idea ppl could move into your nation and expel any king to take over the nation or destroy all the influence in that nation so other nations could easily take over. Nation's would be pointless then cause you could just expect all the kings if you where a group of evil potatoes. Also expelling the king can easily cause the nation to lose any ports it holds. If you don't like the king the foot the cheddar to support the nation your self wial the rest just leech for tittle bonuses and complain about treasury when they hardly put anything in to even deserve a piece of pie
Last edited by Ziggfried on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggfried

Postby Meliva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:46 am

Ramen noodles wrote:Everyone would get the power 1, except the king, who gets 10. I forgot to mention that. Will do.

then that would mean all it would take to overthrow someone, is find 11 people to outvote him, and if necessary more to outvote his loyal members. you wouldn't even need most of them to do much, someone could just offer 1million gold to a bunch of people to make it to captain and vote against the king. and even if you tried to impeach a king through this method, it takes 5 weeks, in that span of time, the king could bribe a bunch of people to join the nation and vote for him to stay, this idea is too easily exploitable.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:50 am

Meliva wrote:
Ramen noodles wrote:Everyone would get the power 1, except the king, who gets 10. I forgot to mention that. Will do.

then that would mean all it would take to overthrow someone, is find 11 people to outvote him, and if necessary more to outvote his loyal members. you wouldn't even need most of them to do much, someone could just offer 1million gold to a bunch of people to make it to captain and vote against the king. and even if you tried to impeach a king through this method, it takes 5 weeks, in that span of time, the king could bribe a bunch of people to join the nation and vote for him to stay, this idea is too easily exploitable.

Step 3 lasts for 2 weeks.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Postby Meliva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:56 am

Ramen noodles wrote:
Meliva wrote:

Step 3 lasts for 2 weeks.

when the whole voting process starts, do you think the king is just going to sit back and say, lets see what happens? of course not, he would immediately begin planning to stay in office, and even if he waited for step 3, 2 weeks I PLENTY of time to change nation, rank up one time to captain, and vote. both the king and those against him could attempt to bribe people to flood the votes for their side. its too easily exploitable. hell Bigtea changed to Wales and became king in under ONE day, so even a complete newbie to the game could probably make it to captain, especially with help from other people.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:58 am

gotta love bigtea
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Haron » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:48 pm

I think this idea is bad, and many of the reasons have already been mentioned.

HOWEVER, I also think it is UNNECESSARY. If there really were enough votes in a nation to throw the King - WHY BOTHER? Then the King doesn't control the nation anyway, since he doesn't control the majority of the votes.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Meliva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:19 pm

Haron wrote:I think this idea is bad, and many of the reasons have already been mentioned.

HOWEVER, I also think it is UNNECESSARY. If there really were enough votes in a nation to throw the King - WHY BOTHER? Then the King doesn't control the nation anyway, since he doesn't control the majority of the votes.

an excellent point, I had mentioned that 2 dukes would negate a kings vote, preventing the king from controlling a nation, but you worded it in a better way.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Sebena » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Council is real power. If nation has 2 ports and 2 governors king is outvoted because then vote power is 30-20 so if council wants kings head they can get it relatively easy if they have teamwork. But biggest problem becomes after king leave. Humans are beasts and want to rule. Some have more resources to achieve that. If they were equal you would see real bloodshed. Give person wealth and power and you'll see what kind of beast he is
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby not a pirate » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:23 pm

-1. Makes new warfare able to obtain the rank of king too easily. Use gold or don't become king.
not a pirate

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions