Impeachment of Kings

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Yes or No

+1
29%
71%

Total votes : 21

Impeachment of Kings

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:49 am

This is not much of a law, but it should be found in the same category as of making laws.

Overthrowing the King - Process
1, Dukes/Governors open a voting for Council Members (not including the King) in which they will chose if they wish to impeach the king.
2. If Dukes/Governors vote as a majority to remove the king in a weeks time, then the Impeachment is allowed to continue to step 3.
3. Vote is opened to EVERYONE for 2 weeks (Excluding Peasant Class), if 2/3 agree to Impeach the king, then the process is continued to step 4.
4. King will be reduced to 0 voting power, and cannot enter Parliament, nor the Treasury (as long as there are dukes/governors present).

During Step 3:
King has 10 Voting Power
Everyone else has 1 Voting Power.

The King is officially BANNED from the nation's parliament and treasury, and cannot have his/her powers back for 180 Days.

The impeachment of Power process takes 5 weeks.

I am open ears to all suggestions to this process. Please think before voting!
Last edited by Donald Trump on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Re: Impeachment of Kings

Postby Meliva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:01 am

-1. its not easy to become a king in the first place, and if you REALLY want to replace the king, then use the gold needed to pass the king. and if this is implemented it can easily be abused. you say the voting can not include the king, which means you only need 2-3 people to make it to duke, vote the king out, and the poor guy loses his nation, and all the work he put into it.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:07 am

The King is allowed to vote for Step 3. As well, abusive kings are around who are impossible to replace using influence gain as a tactic.
Donald Trump

Postby Meliva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:15 am

so in step 3, would each vote count as 1, or still hold the value of the rank. also how would this affect small nations, such as yours, where the king is the only active player, what if 2 guys take it over by making it to duke, and vote him out. also I believe its rare to have an abusive king, since why would the king of a nation want to oppress other members of the nation(excluding cases like Danik and LT, or players who wish to be the sole member of a nation and raise taxes sky-high). and considering there is voodoo to reduce another players influence and boost your own, it is possible to overthrow a king if you plan well. finally, all it takes is 2 dukes to equal the voting power of a king, so if a king proposes something, 2 dukes can cancel his vote,
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:20 am

Meliva wrote:so in step 3, would each vote count as 1, or still hold the value of the rank. also how would this affect small nations, such as yours, where the king is the only active player, what if 2 guys take it over by making it to duke, and vote him out. also I believe its rare to have an abusive king, since why would the king of a nation want to oppress other members of the nation(excluding cases like Danik and LT, or players who wish to be the sole member of a nation and raise taxes sky-high). and considering there is voodoo to reduce another players influence and boost your own, it is possible to overthrow a king if you plan well. finally, all it takes is 2 dukes to equal the voting power of a king, so if a king proposes something, 2 dukes can cancel his vote,

If the dukes have reason, then they can. It's not like people are just out for you for no reason.

Also Danik and LT should not be ignored. It is a legitimate case in which an entire nation suffered because no one could overtake them.
Donald Trump

Postby Meliva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:28 am

Ramen noodles wrote:If the dukes have reason, then they can. It's not like people are just out for you for no reason.

Also Danik and LT should not be ignored. It is a legitimate case in which an entire nation suffered because no one could overtake them.

I never said they should be ignored, i said most kings care for their nation, excluding cases such as Danik and LT as they became rulers to destroy a nation. also this idea could be used as another way for people to take over a nation, and destroy it. take PhoenixKnight, he has an amazing amount of influence, so becoming king of Egypt would be incredibly difficult, even with voodoo. so you could just get a group of people to swarm Egypt, rise through the ranks and kick him out. and just like that all his influence, and all his time building Egypt is wasted.

also you never mentioned whether in step 3, whether voters would all have a voting power of 1, or have the vote power of their ranks.
Last edited by Meliva on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:29 am

-1. Unless you want me to come to Thailand and see how you like getting kicked out, lol
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:31 am

Meliva wrote:
Ramen noodles wrote:If the dukes have reason, then they can. It's not like people are just out for you for no reason.

I never said they should be ignored, i said most kings care for their nation, excluding cases such as Danik and LT as they became rulers to destroy a nation. also this idea could be used as another way for people to take over a nation, and destroy it. take PhoenixKnight, he has an amazing amount of influence, so becoming king of Egypt would be incredibly difficult, even with voodoo. so you could just get a group of people to swarm Egypt, rise through the ranks and kick him out. and just like that all his influence, and all his time building Egypt is wasted.

He can just take another nation. All the nations are open to his rule. And don't forget. Dukes have done the SAME nation quests as the King. There is 0 difference in work input, just leads to gold. Phoenix keeps his influence. As well, who would like to remove Phoenix, the second part relies on non-council vote as well.
Donald Trump

Postby ChaIbaud » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:33 am

Ramen noodles wrote:
Meliva wrote:

He can just take another nation. All the nations are open to his rule. And don't forget. Dukes have done the SAME nation quests as the King. There is 0 difference in work input, just leads to gold. Phoenix keeps his influence. As well, who would like to remove Phoenix, the second part relies on non-council vote as well.

king has dedicated so much gold and then some salty dogs can kick him out/ no thnx they can use their resources like the king did
PM me any complaints (10M gold coin wire fee is mandatory).
ChaIbaud

Postby Meliva » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:39 am

Ramen noodles wrote:He can just take another nation. All the nations are open to his rule. And don't forget. Dukes have done the SAME nation quests as the King. There is 0 difference in work input, just leads to gold. Phoenix keeps his influence. As well, who would like to remove Phoenix, the second part relies on non-council vote as well.

take another nation? after all the time, hardwork and effort he put into Egypt? that is downright absurd to say, and in case you have not noticed, increasing you influence with gold IS work. you don't just get gold out of thin air, you generally earn it through trade, plunder, and voodoo. the mission requirements to get to duke and king are the same, but to earn the gold needed is another. and it doesn't matter on who would or would not like to remove phoenix, I used him as an example, that this could be easily abused. also you STILL have not answered on whether in step 3 of your process would everyone have a vote power of 1, to equalize things, or keep the vote power of their rank.

also you seem to be forgetting your own parts, the second part says dukes and governors(council members in other words) vote, THEN it goes to step 3 where non council members vote.
Last edited by Meliva on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Next

Return to Law Suggestions