Enemies of the State

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: Enemies of the State

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:48 pm

If attacks in last 72 hours becomes a criteria, we need to consider the effect on NPC farming which does add nation hostility already : if it will also trigger bounty penalties, some form of warning needs to be put in place : I have always recommended newer players use NPC's to both generate coin and gain experience judging fleet strengths, etc : be a shame to kybosh that route to game experience with a nasty surprise should they farm too many of the wrong flags, never mind keeping track of which ones come with attached mines...
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Big Brother » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:35 pm

I think it should still be put to a vote before a bounty is placed...
The dead may not tell tales, but they certainly have one.

Chairman of The Vault
Big Brother

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:57 pm

Rodney wrote:I think it should still be put to a vote before a bounty is placed...

A vote takes 72 hrs to go through... even less fun for some poor soul farming too many NPC's thinking its a harmless pastime...
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby PhoenixKnight » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Captain Jack wrote:SHM's idea on its full extend could solve the problems you are addressing on your other topic, Danik.

Hostility must be included with one way or another. If we are to include fellow countrymen, the threshold required before a bounty can be initiated should be below 75 (perhaps 30). If we will not include fellow countrymen, then the limit should be above 75 (80 perhaps). The limit will be needed but only for the voting initiation. If the country is quick enough to start the voting before the hostility drops, then the hostility count afterwards would be irrelevant.

I must say that the initial idea could also work. A semi-automatic punishing model that consumes nation funds is a good idea. By giving the nation the flexibility of both selecting the bounty type and the penalty, as suggested, I see little room of exploitation. I must say no room if I add the time limit also proposed. If you see a way of exploiting, please share.

Bottom line is that this can be implemented both as Deport Citizen functionality and as a law (two implementations). It will however give nations even more power at a time where I believe that nations are strong enough. Currently, we are more inclined in developing guild tools to strengthen guilds. These ideas though should not be abandoned due to this, I am just saying that we are not hot to implement these now for the reason I just gave.

Speaking of the deport functionality, If there are unwanted players in the nation, why cannot we issue a deport for them?
Example: Player keeps attacking fellow citizens but never reach 75 hostility and break NAPs ,....etc.
I think we need something like deport. May be an extension or a sister functionality called Banish.
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:04 pm

PhoenixKnight wrote:
Captain Jack wrote:SHM's idea on its full extend could solve the problems you are addressing on your other topic, Danik.

Hostility must be included with one way or another. If we are to include fellow countrymen, the threshold required before a bounty can be initiated should be below 75 (perhaps 30). If we will not include fellow countrymen, then the limit should be above 75 (80 perhaps). The limit will be needed but only for the voting initiation. If the country is quick enough to start the voting before the hostility drops, then the hostility count afterwards would be irrelevant.

I must say that the initial idea could also work. A semi-automatic punishing model that consumes nation funds is a good idea. By giving the nation the flexibility of both selecting the bounty type and the penalty, as suggested, I see little room of exploitation. I must say no room if I add the time limit also proposed. If you see a way of exploiting, please share.

Bottom line is that this can be implemented both as Deport Citizen functionality and as a law (two implementations). It will however give nations even more power at a time where I believe that nations are strong enough. Currently, we are more inclined in developing guild tools to strengthen guilds. These ideas though should not be abandoned due to this, I am just saying that we are not hot to implement these now for the reason I just gave.

Speaking of the deport functionality, If there are unwanted players in the nation, why cannot we issue a deport for them?
Example: Player keeps attacking fellow citizens but never reach 75 hostility and break NAPs ,....etc.
I think we need something like deport. May be an extension or a sister functionality called Banish.

I could see it being abused. There would have to be some sort of restriction to prevent abuse. It is needed and could be a great tool, but I have some reservations.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Haron » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:28 pm

I don't think being allowed to kick someone out of a nation is a good idea. Make it harder to enter a nation, maybe, but nations should not be guilds. Nobody should be allowed to "own" a nation and decide who should be allowed citizenship, in my opinion.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:37 pm

Haron wrote:I don't think being allowed to kick someone out of a nation is a good idea. Make it harder to enter a nation, maybe, but nations should not be guilds. Nobody should be allowed to "own" a nation and decide who should be allowed citizenship, in my opinion.

I agree that the Nation Council should not be able to just deport anyone for any reason; however, PhoenixKnight has a valid point, that there are players who attack their own nation members but stop before they reach 75 hostility. The deport function shouldn't solely be for players who are inactive for 30+ days.

DezNutz

Postby PhoenixKnight » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:40 pm

True but deport currently is by vote. Only you cannot issue it if the player is active.
With more nation features coming, if a player is breaching the laws and agreements, then some sort of punishment is in order.
That is how it works in nations. You get prisons, banishment,...etc.
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby Haron » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Yeah, but in real life, it's not possible for twenty people to enter your nation, take over control, and kick you out.

Also, this game should be careful about mimicking real life too much. Nations and changing nations plays a very big part of this game. Being allowed to stop someone from entering a nation (by making laws to prevent their specific behaviour), will alter the game - a lot. I fear that guilds and nations will become the same thing, and I don't believe that is a good idea. Hostile nation takeovers should still be possible, in my opinion. I think it should be HARDER, and require more TIME, but I still think it should be possible.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby DezNutz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Haron wrote:Yeah, but in real life, it's not possible for twenty people to enter your nation, take over control, and kick you out.

If you are attacking your own nation members, you should be eligible for deportation. We aren't saying just come in and request that player x be deported because we don't like him to force good nation members out. If player x did something against the nation, there should be some consequence.

DezNutz

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions