Enemies of the State

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: Enemies of the State

Postby Haron » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:07 am

Having already suggested the title "enemy of the state" for something different (see "Wars and Blockades), I obviously would like another name either for this or for the mechanics I suggested :-)

Anyway, it's the mechanic that's important. Personally, I don't think basing this on hostility is a good idea. Yet, I somehow like the idea of a nation placing bounties. So, rather than some semi-automatic "enemy of the state", could it be a Law suggestion to pass a Law that simply puts a specific bounty on a specific player, with the funds drawn from the national treasury?
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:11 am

I rather think there should be some qualifying factor, otherwise a Duke with a personal grudge could just propose anyone they didnt like and have the nation pay-out for bounties on an individual.

Not that I would ever consider doing such a thing but there are some strange-minded folk in this game.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Haron » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:22 am

They would still need to pass the vote, Danik. Surely, if they can pass a vote to put out a bounty, that would not be much different from passing a vote to pay out the money to themselves and THEN place a bounty? Which, of course, is fully possible within todays rules. Not that YOU need any lecturing on passing votes to make payouts, obviously... ;-)
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:40 am

There are some who would be uncomfortable with the notion of using their own coin for anything, when a nations treasury exists which can pay the bill for them. I feel the whole concept is flawed, there are already bounties and such-like for aggrieved souls to vent their rage : adding a nation option just feels like we are actively encouraging pram-rage?
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Captain Jack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:34 am

SHM's idea on its full extend could solve the problems you are addressing on your other topic, Danik.

Hostility must be included with one way or another. If we are to include fellow countrymen, the threshold required before a bounty can be initiated should be below 75 (perhaps 30). If we will not include fellow countrymen, then the limit should be above 75 (80 perhaps). The limit will be needed but only for the voting initiation. If the country is quick enough to start the voting before the hostility drops, then the hostility count afterwards would be irrelevant.

I must say that the initial idea could also work. A semi-automatic punishing model that consumes nation funds is a good idea. By giving the nation the flexibility of both selecting the bounty type and the penalty, as suggested, I see little room of exploitation. I must say no room if I add the time limit also proposed. If you see a way of exploiting, please share.

Bottom line is that this can be implemented both as Deport Citizen functionality and as a law (two implementations). It will however give nations even more power at a time where I believe that nations are strong enough. Currently, we are more inclined in developing guild tools to strengthen guilds. These ideas though should not be abandoned due to this, I am just saying that we are not hot to implement these now for the reason I just gave.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Meliva » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:44 am

one big exploitation I see that I already is if there is a semi automatic nation law that would punish people who reach a certain hostility this could be easily exploited with Urban Legends.
Example.
Lets say Spain makes it to where anyone with 100 hostility with them gets a 1 million plunder bounty on them. I cast 2 urban legends on someone I dislike who isn't in spain, and I both set up a bounty and drain some of Spains treasury.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:46 am

Meliva wrote:one big exploitation I see that I already is if there is a semi automatic nation law that would punish people who reach a certain hostility this could be easily exploited with Urban Legends.
Example.
Lets say Spain makes it to where anyone with 100 hostility with them gets a 1 million plunder bounty on them. I cast 2 urban legends on someone I dislike who isn't in spain, and I both set up a bounty and drain some of Spains treasury.

Exactly.

This may also act to inhibit nation missions which demand attacks upon specific nations : so, not just the added danger for the hits, players will also run the risk of added penalties from auto-bounties...
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Haron » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am

I dislike auto-bounties. I'd rather have the option of a national vote to place specific bounties, with the bounty paid by the national treasury.
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Captain Jack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:10 pm

This makes hostility a bad criteria indeed. I actually forgot Urban Legends. There are workarounds though although it would be better to base it in attacks at last 72hours.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby DezNutz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Treasury fund payouts (bounties are payouts) should not be automated without extensive restrictions to prevent abuse, specifically the draining of Treasury Funds.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions