Nation hostilty

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: Nation hostilty

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:59 am

No-one may ride the donkeys unless carefully vetted, approved and, of course, having paid the requisite hire fee.

deport is useless for anything other than tidying up the players lists : it only works on a player who has been inactive for 30 days... so, not worth a damn for the troublesome ones.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Warrior » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Danik, if you are talking about unfairness of voodoo that we use against you then we've a lot to say about you using them. Like you use charity donations a lot and all your influence are because of that. Isn't that unfair according to you ??? When we spend our hard earned gold to build the port and gain influence, you just cast some damn voodoo to trick the people there and make them think you've built the port. Is that fair ??? And 2 people running a nation, is that realistic ?
Want to trade ships or voodoo cards or whatever, just contact me in-game.
Warrior

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:03 pm

I'll quote your own confederates comment on the current Mexico situation :

'Psh, we don't do this for port control. Too much work, just here for some gold.'

So, dont pretend its about anything else, certainly not about ethical or good governance.

Ah, voodoo, thats right, you dont have any, never use it and were just passing by, honest, your honor!
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Warrior » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Danik wrote:I'll quote your own confederates comment on the current Mexico situation :

'Psh, we don't do this for port control. Too much work, just here for some gold.'

So, dont pretend its about anything else, certainly not about ethical or good governance.

Ah, voodoo, thats right, you dont have any, never use it and were just passing by, honest, your honor!

I never told anything about good governance. I'm just saying that when you say hired diplomats make it unrealistic, I'm saying all voodoos do that and you do it a lot like two people running a nation is very very unrealistic. And your point that anyone can join a nation and do whatever they want is true. But whatever you suggested will do no good.
Warrior

Postby Mohammed » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:44 pm

i have always complained about how overpowered influence voodoo i have spent over 300mil gold in influence a long time ago in the war with Barbados and all that went away with voodoo so talk about unrealistic there free players cant win port battles unless they are many

on the subject of the original post i think the laws are overpowered but reducing the strength of the card i reasonable but it should be made uncommon then
Mohammed

Postby Warrior » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:20 pm

I don't know how this common and uncommon things work. I seems to get less fugitive of justice cards than i get assassin or taxation or other not so useful rares... Anyone know for sure how exactly this works ?
Warrior

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:57 pm

Warrior wrote:
Danik wrote:I'll quote your own confederates comment on the current Mexico situation :

I never told anything about good governance. I'm just saying that when you say hired diplomats make it unrealistic, I'm saying all voodoos do that and you do it a lot like two people running a nation is very very unrealistic. And your point that anyone can join a nation and do whatever they want is true. But whatever you suggested will do no good.

'two people running a nation is unrealistic' is about governance, is it not? : also odd, as your own guild leader uses an avatar of one such historical person.

I havent asked to get rid of Hired Diplo : I've pointed out it is not much use having the sanction of hostility as the only sanction available to a nation when it can be bypassed so easily.

You points about our use of voodoo dont really gel when your group has been more than free and easy with it : a fact we have not objected to either.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Captain Jack » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:09 pm

It worths noticing that this is a law suggestion. Which makes it fairly easier to get this implemented. A law is something that can be used at will. If a government wants to have more control, it is okay by us. It needs to come with a price though. Or else it is a win-win situation.

Propose some antimeter, some cost, something. And I believe everyone will be more ready to accept this law.

I want to add that every development comes with a time price, which comes in expense of some other development. Therefore, the more meaningful the addition, the more odds to get it done right away.

For example, the first mate feature I suggested, is very easy to create and adds depth and entertainment to the game. Will this law be the same? Or will it be slightly used? Is there enough self-defense in the proposed meters or someone will avoid it easily? I am afraid that they are not enough.

So, even if we agree to the root idea here, the proposed solution is not enough in my opinion. To close up, I am very positive in adding laws, we need more laws after all.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:46 pm

I believe the options suggested merely extend the concept already existing : hostility is a bar to certain actions : a player with even 1 hostility with a nation can not commence the mission to join it. My options extend that bar to promotions, votes and tax debts : nations may implement all or none, as they currently can choose options for skirmish insurance, loan insurance, loan and ship taxes. the player is STILL able to use Hired Diplo : but rather than once every 3 days, as now in the case of tax debt, it would be needed before ranking up or voting : it would remain possible to bypass that by timing the use of HD to enable mission starts and completions and for voting or proposing votes : The nation already faces a cost in terms of lost and unrecoverable tax revenue, it will face a further cost in terms of disruption and disarray caused by an infiltration/hi-jack attempt. It is also hindered in its reactions by the whole 3-day vote process, whislt the attackers have no such problem of timely action.

I'm seeking a balance here : I'm not against hi-jacks, I may try the tactic myself one day having learnt much defending against this one, but lets not make it so easy that just turning up suffices to win the day.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Captain Jack » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:54 pm

The way you propose it, will see all active nations adopting the law. There is no real reason for a nation not to adopt this law as is. There are no configurable variales either. This is not something we promote.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions