Nation hostilty

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: Nation hostilty

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Its rather discouraging, CJ : you seem to find the idea of a nation having any control or sanction over its citizens as being wrong regardless of what damage those citizens may be causing it. So, in which case, what is the point of them? What purpose do they then serve save as some enormous gold sink which can be purloined by any committed group of scoundrels? Why bother allowing them to pass laws but deny them any enforcement?
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:12 am

I'm bumping this topic as it still applies : I would think the recent internal destruction of the nation of USA by just 2 players, costing that nation 100's of millions in lost funds, 3 ports (as I write) and their associated incomes, decimation of influence holdings amounting to billions of gold coins worth, exile of players to avoid harm, etc, etc just proves the above thread remains valid.

And there remains nothing to stop us, or any other group of committed players, repeating this exercise in any nation on the map.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Captain Jack » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:07 am

Danik wrote:I'm bumping this topic as it still applies : I would think the recent internal destruction of the nation of USA by just 2 players, costing that nation 100's of millions in lost funds, 3 ports (as I write) and their associated incomes, decimation of influence holdings amounting to billions of gold coins worth, exile of players to avoid harm, etc, etc just proves the above thread remains valid.

And there remains nothing to stop us, or any other group of committed players, repeating this exercise in any nation on the map.

That's a general assumption and a single case scenario. Add to this that your suggestion will not stop this single case scenario from repeating, so it is irrelevant to use it as an argument.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:44 am

Then I take it that such nation-wrecking is to be considered a legitimate tactic and form of warfare and its up to nations affected by it to look to their own defences under current avenues open to them.

Cool.. :)
Most Lee Harmless

Postby DezNutz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:34 pm

Captain Jack wrote:
Danik wrote:I'm bumping this topic as it still applies : I would think the recent internal destruction of the nation of USA by just 2 players, costing that nation 100's of millions in lost funds, 3 ports (as I write) and their associated incomes, decimation of influence holdings amounting to billions of gold coins worth, exile of players to avoid harm, etc, etc just proves the above thread remains valid.

That's a general assumption and a single case scenario. Add to this that your suggestion will not stop this single case scenario from repeating, so it is irrelevant to use it as an argument.

I agree with Danik, to an extent. Any nation can be overthrown using a very simple mathematical model derived from what occurred in USA Nation. While currently it is a single case, this could easily be repeated in almost every nation with exception to Egypt due to PK's shear influence and wealth.

I agree with CJ, that this law is not going to fix it. I think that the only way to prevent such scenarios, and even than it still doesn't completely eliminate it but makes it significantly harder to do, is prevent players from reaching the title of Duke or higher by a days in nation limitation. For Example, you can't be a duke unless you have been a citizen of the nation for 30 days, King for 45 or 60.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Previous

Return to Law Suggestions