Plunder Insurance

Do you have an idea for a new law? Post it here. The more support it gets, the quicker it will be implemented. Read the sticky inside for more info.

Re: New Law - [Country Name] Plunder Insurance.

Postby Rolando » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:43 am

Very reasonable SHM. I agree there should be limitations on the insurance. No reasonable Nation would economically destroy themselves to save a single member's ships.
Rolando

Re: New Law - [Country Name] Plunder Insurance.

Postby Captain Jack » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:13 pm

I think we have all the needed elements to approve this. The final shape will be decided when the implementation time comes.

Feel free to add ideas till then.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Re: [Approved] Plunder Insurance

Postby MAjesty » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:23 am

just to be clear, this idea would allow national treasures based on a multi-milliong NPC population will supplement the losses of royalty as determined by the nations leaders?
MAjesty

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:30 am

That is the way I understand it.
Sir Henry Morgan

Postby Grogggy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah I'll add an idea--this is totally bogus. You can tell by the people who want it, they are all traders. In fact all the laws I've seen seem to help the big guy over the little guy--a little like real life.
Grogggy

Postby Ticktock » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:54 pm

pirates also do not abide by any laws traders pay their taxes and expect something in return, personally I think it's a good idea, make it harder for us pirates to get at them mostly inactive traders let em build up more.... more for us to take and I like dungy's Idea set a limit anything under it is not insured it should kinda balance out the idea as a whole
Ticktock

Postby SSR » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Ticktock wrote:for us pirates

LOL :lol:
SSR

Postby Captain dungeness » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Ticktock wrote: I like dungy's Idea

Haha, thank you for the comment although I don't much care for the nickname lol!
Captain dungeness

Postby Captain Jack » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:16 pm

As we are trying to push forward the implementation of at least 1 law to spend treasury, we stumble upon rock for this one.

More points to consider after we ironed out ideas:
1)It should work as insurance does. A law that simply gives out money will not last long.
2)Amount given should only given during update, before upkeep and not after each attack. It sounds TOO powerful otherwise, no matter the combinations of protections we might think of. Live protection from live attacks as done by real players should only come from real players or else we are cancelling PvP intensivity with PVE routines.
3)Amount given should be relative to the daily amount the player chooses. The council will define the available "programs" and the citizens will decide if they want to participate in any of them.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Rolando » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:49 am

I agree. Instead of direct gold to save ships, the plans could pay a set value in gold for a loss. That would seem more like insurance. The amount could be based on each nations rates and the insured members nation rank. That way all members could pay a deductible to the treasury if used and this would help cover insurance costs for everyone.
Rolando

PreviousNext

Return to Law Suggestions