In-game posting Reminder

Important news/announcements about the game or forums will be published here.
Any game updates are announced in the in-game changelog.

In-game posting Reminder

Postby Captain Jack » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:21 am

Ahoy all,

After looking up an in-game Tavern thread, I was surprised to see MULTIPLE players, including mod/admins posting in the TAVERN like as if it is these forums.

A kind reminder to everyone, make sure what you post in-game is IC (In Character) only. This means that you post like as if your character speaks in the world of Avonmora experiencing the specific reality.

For example, mentioning these forums IC is not acceptable as they do not exist for the character.

There is even a warning before you post:

This rule has multiple reasonings that I will not expand here. Please respect it fully. Feel free to open topics in relative threads if you want to address an OOC (Out of Character) issue that derives from an IC event.

Such posts are removed WITHOUT notice.

Also, ANY ALLEGATIONS ABOUT CHEATING, must be sent in PRIVATE. Accusing anyone of ANY rule break, even if you are 100% right, is prohibited. In-game administration cannot be done by players (I wish it could) therefore it adds no value to raise these issues. The only place that I would not mind this, is on Slack, although I still think it should be avoided.

The best is to report directly to me, via a support ticket (Contact Us at the footer). I investigate every issue.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Return to Announcements