First ever inactivity cleanup

Important news/announcements about the game or forums will be published here.
Any game updates are announced in the in-game changelog.

Re: First ever inactivity cleanup

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:15 am

the 10 ambush limit is a pain, for sure : but you can turn it to your advantage as well, if competing for plunder with others : or to lock down a target, and have a good idea when the bar will lift for another nibble 24hrs later...

Auction prices will inevitably peak for a while, there are lots of flag and port swaps going on at the moment and with so many nation missions underway those cards are a bit popular. I liked the 'instant sale' idea proposed recently, but dont doubt it would need a lot of work to implement and would rather see hide-outs implemented and any bugs in that resolved first.

The main issue, re: xans point, is no matter what gets coded, folk will test the system right up to the envelop and develop ways to both attack and defend successfully : and those ways will change and develop to meet each challenge and, sooner or later, the devs will need to rein some aspect in before it unbalances the whole game. As an attacker, I'd like life made easier... but dont want it too easy for my opponent when I'm the defender either!
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Grogggy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:08 pm

One idea I forgot to mention: Why are MOW's the only "special" ship? The whole nation mission thing would be made way more cool if the first time you do them, you have a chance to capture those cool NPC pirate ships--the level 15 brig for example.

They would have the same MOW no commander protection, but otherwise operate normally. If a level is lost over 10, it is lost for good. If it was me, I might freeze their names so that they were identifiable.

Now this change, using existing NPC ships, is literally a paragraph of code tops, would instantly put all of Danki's balances in motion as well as adding a totally cool new pool of ships for everyone to get via normal plunder or eventually, tidal wave, etc.

Plus it adds a financial incentive to pony up some credits to quickly advance to those nobility missions.

Win/win, right?
Grogggy

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:15 pm

oh yes.... double-plus good idea.. booger the level one MoW.. I'd rather take one of those over-loaded NPC ships... some are seriously cool...
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Grogggy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:47 pm

While I'm being so creative (and giving:) here's two more cool ideas:

THE SPINAL TAP--this is a reference to an old movie called This is Spinal Tap that none of you under 40 have probably seen. The guitarist has an amp that goes to 11. If you've achieved a certain rank, you can pay to upgrade your ships to level 11.

LENGENDS of AVONMORA--Every player once in his career gets to select a special ability--one voodoo card that will never run out. Guilds would actively recruit players to round out their abilities--think of the possibilities!

All the best,

cappy
Grogggy

Postby Warrior » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:49 am

I like that second one very much :)... But one more addition to it : That card cannot be sold in the market but can only be used. This is to prevent all players from choosing mindbar and selling it and then with lots of credits, exchange them for other cards.
Want to trade ships or voodoo cards or whatever, just contact me in-game.
Warrior

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:07 am

there would have to be some limitations on card-types... imagine some-one with a perpetual Tidal Wave card... or Call Leviathon

re: 'One louder' aka Spinal Tap : it already exists, in a form.. Bless and Drum combined add a real boost already... but to balance out a 'Nigel' card.. you'd need a random 'Drummer' effect as well... where one of your ships spontaneously explodes in the middle of the gig... but no dwarf's dancing around a henge... that would be too strange...
Last edited by Most Lee Harmless on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Grogggy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:09 am

yes, I didn't get into specifics, but yes. While we are chatting, the turn costs should keep things within reason, but you could put a daily cap too if you thought it was too OP.
Grogggy

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am

or a cool-down period after use... that would work.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Grogggy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:16 am

Bingo...

Even if these aren't the brainstorms YOU (meaning the general you that's reading this) would implement, just know there are LITTLE fixes that would make this game probably better and at worst not stale.

Hey, CJ, if you are listening, feel free to beta test my NPC ship idea by gifting me a few of those little Admin packets that occasionally appear around say Regis...I'll test drive them through a havoc filled week and see what people think. All you have to do for that is simply not do the "GOD RETAL" if I were, say, to steal a few admin ships...hint hint:)

THEY ARE ALREADY AMONG US...
Grogggy

Postby Grogggy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:35 am

MAjesty wrote:Do it again times 10 and then hit port supply by at least 50-75% there's no reason for there to be 2 billion hammers in tortuga. it would be awesome if people actually had to struggle, or better yet hire crew in some manner, instead of having infinite available of supply and persons. my 2 cents/

side note. clever clean-up method.

I had to double check my eyes--did MAJ make this suggestion in 2012? Y'all owe the man some belated respect.
Grogggy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements