First ever inactivity cleanup

Important news/announcements about the game or forums will be published here.
Any game updates are announced in the in-game changelog.

Re: First ever inactivity cleanup

Postby Captain Jack » Wed May 28, 2014 10:46 am

Captain Eagle wrote:when the next earthquake will be???

Is there such a need?
Inactives are cleaned on a weekly basis since then.

We might enforce a famine at some point though that will affect only port population as the population control is spiraling out of hand. Or make Black Death more effective than Transport Immigrants. Or put a limit to Transport Immigrants (1 million).
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Captain Eagle » Wed May 28, 2014 11:15 am

i think that making black death more effectively will help the newcomers with their missions, so +1 for that
Captain Eagle

Postby Edward_Teach » Wed May 28, 2014 9:26 pm

I agree with the transport immigrants maximum +1
Making black death more effective won't solve much if the player can't get his hands on the card. What needs to be done, is an alternative to the card needs to be made. Just like increasing your influence increases population, something needs to be put int place to lower population without voodoo.
"Those who stand for nothing,
Fall for anything"
-Alexander Hamilton
Edward_Teach

Postby Xanadu » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:33 am

Rat is a carrier...flea bites rat...flea moves to human and bites human...The Plague is born, without X of course unless he is willing to come back. Don't think that will happen until the promised updates from a year ago ever happen. Don't mean to sound harsh Jack. We already have the black death card to kill off population. We have no hideout to make gold bars or keep ships safe if we happen to get in a major war. What if we worked on the improvement list from oldest to newest for awhile instead of picking all the low hanging fruit. More and more players are leaving the game because it is getting to be the same thing day in and day out. ZomB attacks Helm, Helm attacks ZomB. There has not been a promised major update since the limited nation roll out. The reason that the populations keep increasing is that is all there really is to do with the tax revenue collected from the ports. It makes no sense to use that money to build battle fleets since there are members of the same nation in different guilds that are fighting each other. Same goes for merchant shipping. There is so much of the newer voodoo out there that helps in plundering fleets that if you do not wish to have all your ships taken then you have to use politician speech to keep your fame as low as possible to keep from getting all you have taken. It really is demolishing to lose 3/4 of your ships and all your battle fleets in one attack. Yes it has happened to me and you guys did a really good job. That is why I will try never to be in the top 100 fame ever again if I can help it. I really am surprised that no one has suggested a card that gives a player fame based not on how many turns you put in like politician speech, but how much gold you invest (instead of extra turns). This way you could really knock someone right out of the game. Sorry about the rant, must just have diarrhea of the mouth, or my brain to forum filter is shut down. Same thing really... :oops:
Xanadu

Postby Painmaster » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:07 pm

bump
In the beginning, the world was created. This has widely been regarded as a bad move.
Painmaster

Postby Jovi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:03 am

its also nice to know if an earthquake happens, what is the extent of the damage and the scope of the earthquake, in what area is the epicenter or hardest hit, whereby biggest damage. maybe we can post it in the tavern. what is important is we should know. thank you
Jovi

Postby Barnabas Sackett » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:04 am

when did this happen?
Barnabas Sackett

Postby SSR » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:08 am

Rasec87 wrote:when did this happen?

2013-11-29 18:45:00
SSR

Postby Captain Jack » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Earthquakes do happen in a weekly basis, as a matter of fact. We could start publishing these details, indeed. The Avonmoran Herald seems to be the ideal place to publish it.
Captain Jack
Project Coordinator

Postby Grogggy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:16 pm

the proposed change to the transport immigrant card would render the current mission I'm struggling with impossible, count level you are to increase a port by 1.8 million, which I'm finding out the hard way, takes an awful lot of that one card.

Black Death was doable, but equally annoying to slowly grind credits at auction to purchase them. I'm afraid these discussions and in another thread have led to a wider understanding of these cards value, and hence hoarding has begun.

The auction price on these two cards is rising as a result. Unless population someday has any actual effect on strategy, these missions are simply a drag and don't really prepare you for any real game drama.

Another option would be to have the ability for a second party to cast these cards FOR you and still have it count towards the missions.

And finally, its nice to have the auction, but if only there was a way to prevent farming but also allow two players to trade cards between them...

I understand Xandu's frustration and agree with his points, but I understand that all this coding doesn't just happen. You know we say how easy it is to lose all your ships, but I keep running up against new safeguards in place to prevent that--the limit on ambushes in a 24 hour period was a rather unpleasant surprise recently:)
Grogggy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements