Terrorize - Global Update

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Re: Terrorize - Global Update

Postby Meliva » Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Clockwork wrote:Why not have terrorize affect the continent the ports are on?

Like if you hit gasp, the continent it is on, along with the ports on it, are also terrorized. Similar I'd you hit St. Martin's, baramas and kanoni are also terrorized

This might be fine, if the ports and continents were more evenly divided. Like each continent had 3 ports for example. Not to mention at the moment, I do not believe any of the continents are named-officially or in RP. Aside from that small island between Vaasburg and Thorokas which I named Valorim in the RPs-not official by any means.

That being said, we really should name the land masses. Think I might get on that sometime soon. Maybe after the draft.

Edit-and to get back more on topic, perhaps make it to where Terrorize has another option to invest extra turns to hit extra ports. Maybe +1 per port. So an additional 20 turns for all ports.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Sat May 02, 2020 2:15 am

terrorize is good where its at imo
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Shadowood » Sat May 02, 2020 4:47 am

Black sparrow wrote:I don't think that any player who has been around for some time does not already have resources at EVERY port. It's fairly easy nowadays. Even 1000 gold bars per port, level 2 warehouse and you are done.

So there goes any chance of locking anyone of notice down. Who casts terrorize at all ports? 21 cards for 63 turns? Plus blacklist cost? Plus the vengenace cards? And so many ways to still escape? Terrorize is a dead card.

Making it global, you give it a meaning plus you give Blacklist a meaning. There are still multiple ways to defend.

If you make Terrorize (1) cast, active on (21) ports... Then I want Witch Doctor card to be (21x) if Terrorize is active.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Argo » Sat May 02, 2020 6:39 am

Magnus the red wrote:
Shadowood wrote:I disagree with changing Terrorize at all.

1. If you are wanting attack someone and use the card... do research to know where to lock a player down at.
2. If you are a smart and want to protect yourself from terrorize, have a back bone in multiple/all ports.
3. The way it is now, it forces you to cast for all 21 ports that way you know, 100%, you have the player locked
4. Unfortunately if you have 21 cards active you need to be careful of the beloved Witch Doctors

In the end, I think this should stay the same. If forces players to play smarter. Whether on defense or offense. Due the nature of this card, if you are offense you can find yourself on defense real quick.

Only change I would be in favor for is reducing turns used from 3 to 2.

+1

Yup..what he said too..
Also a meanie-head
Argo

Previous

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions