Inspection (Uncommon)

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Inspection (Uncommon)

Postby PFH » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:27 pm

Name: Inspection

Rarity: Uncommon

Turn cost: 3

Type: Instant

Description: "Reveal a random ship trait, number of crew, and number of cannons on target ship.

Invest 3 turns additionally to show another trait, for a Max of 6 turns possible to invest."

Information from this card is logged in Captain's Office. Lasts for 45 days before deleted. Under a tab "Inspection Logs"
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Re: Inspection (Uncommon)

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Kinda opposed to this : traits are meant to add an element of uncertainty when two otherwise evenly matched fleets go head-to-head. Remove the mystery and we lose that.

That said, it is possible to deduce most, if not all, ships traits from reading a combat report they are involved in.

I could see it's value as a 'sniffer' to seek prime ships for capture but again, a sotl is already and always worth stealing : prime traits on it, just like its attribute score, are a happy bonus.

So, a no from me.
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:09 pm

Danik wrote:That said, it is possible to deduce most, if not all, ships traits from reading a combat report they are involved in.

Every trait apart but one can be found out, but you find it out by it not being able to figure it out anyway... So realistically all ship traits can be found out.

So as Simon Cowell said, its a no from me too.

Now we just need Cheryl Cole or whoever else it is in X factor to say no...
Admiral Nelson

Postby Axy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:49 pm

wouldn't it make stealing all kinds of ships, for you, too easy? Oh, wait! they already are! :)
You know what? if the public can have a voice: what these guys said.
Axy

Postby DezNutz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:40 pm

-1 For reasons provided by Danik and Nelson.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions