St Elmo's Fire - Pirate only

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

St Elmo's Fire - Pirate only

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:08 am

Curse: St Elmo's Fire

Uncommon ( only available as gift).
Pirates only
Turns: 8
Stackable 3x
One can only be a target of curse 3 times in 24 hour period

Immediately upon cast, target and caster gain +1 DR on all fleets.

As the shaman calls the storm about your ship, darkness hides all. Suddenly, a Globe of Lightening shows upon the mast. exploding, then showering your fleets in blue green light of St Elmo's Fire as well as those of your prey....

It's a just a thought - an idea. Pirates cannot use several curses, and this one adds something to their tools of the trade. Skirmishes are okay, but 3 of these will greatly improved the bounty, and prove much easier create surprise attacks.
Sir Henry Morgan

Re: St Elmo's Fire - Pirate only

Postby Meliva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:14 am

having voodoo that's pirate only would be a good addition, since we have voodoo that pirates can't use. Seems only fair. This card would be pretty useful for pirates too. Excellent for a quick surprise raid.

+1
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby PFH » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:34 am

I like it but instead of only through gifts it should be rare. Given its use being more effective than fugitive of justice on more occasions than not its rarity should suffice enough for its effects. The demand for it should be sufficed with its rarity as standard rare.

+1 however
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Charles Vane » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:39 am

I love it, and as clock says rare should do the trick. Merchants can still get it but not use it, however I am sure they can find a fair price for it on the market? ;)
Charles Vane

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:12 am

I like it too. But, cos there is always one of them, should it not also be piercing? At minimum a better than usual chance of evading defensive voodoo?
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby Meliva » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:08 am

Danik wrote:I like it too. But, cos there is always one of them, should it not also be piercing? At minimum a better than usual chance of evading defensive voodoo?

I mean, this to me seems like a surprise attack type of voodoo-use it, attack quick and done. You don't even need to wait for top of the hour like in FoJ if I read it right, so you can hit them at any time and Bam, fleets pop up.

Use a pair of buried treasures or other cheap voodoo first to test the waters, maybe a spy network to see their fleet locations, then quickly light them up.

Edit-Though I'm fine if folks want it to have piercing honestly. Again, it's a surprise type attack in my opinion, and that's probably how most pirates will use it. Which means the target shouldn't have defenses up unless they were expecting an attack from someone else.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Kangaroo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:56 am

+1 From me as a rare
Not keen on the piercing
Some people are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when you push them down the stairs
Kangaroo

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:10 pm

I believe in the overall world of supply and demand, piercing - of some sort - may be the way to go.

A rare card, only generated through the daily gift system, only usable by those flying :pirateflag the Jolly Roger makes it more rare than most.

Those flying nation flags will have to decide if their greed for credits drives them to put them on the market, or their defensive well being has them lock it away in their voodoo chest.

The curse is only good for a single DR point, so 3 are needed to be effective. Another issue of supply and demand.

While wild pirates may burn through them fast and furiously as they get them, I see the cagey ones planning very carefully how to use the opportunities provided by this curse.

They definitely will not be a cheap curse any way you view it....
Sir Henry Morgan

Postby Shaydo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:24 pm

Should there be requirement that the pirate must have at least 1 active fleet? As it stands a pirate could disband fleets, cast this and then refleet thus avoiding the danger to their own fleet.
Shaydo

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:36 pm

3 DR points - one hour of all fleets showing at most. If they wish to waste time, okay. Most pirates don't have that many 'trade' fleets to start with, and tend to defleet before a campaign anyway.

After plundering, the fleets they have are lit up well beyond 3DR, and a hideout curse will hide them as well.

If a pirate does have enough to worry about, then retribution is forthcoming.. eventually.
Sir Henry Morgan

Next

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions