St Elmo's Fire - Pirate only

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Re: St Elmo's Fire - Pirate only

Postby PFH » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:50 pm

I dont believe the card should be able to be recieved only through gifts. Its rarity will make it hard enough to come by for its effects. Its already a limited card provided it only works for pirates so limitting it more than it already is limited makes it unbalanced in my opinion
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby Charles Vane » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:10 pm

I tend to agree, only from presents is too drastic. I mean, i havnt received one public relationship since it moved to presents only.
Charles Vane

Postby DezNutz » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Charles Vane wrote:I tend to agree, only from presents is too drastic. I mean, i havnt received one public relationship since it moved to presents only.

I thought Public Relationships was only available via voodoo packs.

In regards to the idea, I like it. SHM makes a great point on why it should be uncommon as well. Rare and only pirates can use will make this card ultra rare. I think that would be a disservice and make it's development moot.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Deluge » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Sounds delicious.Let's make it a common curse, I have quite a few people I would use it on, and would gladly change my flag to use it.
:P :P :P
Deluge

Postby Padrevaters » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Just realized that this being a pirates game is stacked against pirates. You have cards for merchanting tasks, and nation tasks, none which help the pirate. Good one,SHM. A couple more cards which actually help the pirates should do the trick to make the game interesting.

Also a suggestion. A seasonal card which can be used only on a particular day of the month or week. (For ex., weekend raids) That card should enable the pirate to plunder 2X to 4X any fleet regardless of the strength (But it should not defleet) and it does not add danger to pirates fleet. It sounds exciting to be a pirate with such an option as he has the advantage with that card. Piracy allows pirates to be nimble with their fleets. By making it the master card, focus is back on piracy.
Padrevaters

Postby Charles Vane » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:47 pm

DezNutz wrote:
Charles Vane wrote:I tend to agree, only from presents is too drastic. I mean, i havnt received one public relationship since it moved to presents only.

I thought Public Relationships was only available via voodoo packs.

Hmm you may be right. Ill look into that.
Charles Vane

Postby PFH » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Deluge wrote:Sounds delicious.Let's make it a common curse, I have quite a few people I would use it on, and would gladly change my flag to use it.
:P :P :P

That’s the spirit :P :P
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Postby SilverShadow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Great idea SHM!

Let's get this card in the deck!

Doesn't even need to be pirate only. Danger means nothing to me. Traders a bigger deal. Especially if it's for all fleets.

It'll be the price, availability and effectiveness of the card that will prove its usefulness.
SilverShadow

Postby Gregor Egerton » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:48 pm

+1 from me
Not certain about the whole "only receivable through gift" part, but whatever works to make it sufficiently rare that it is by no means common, and making it actually acquirable.
-The man without a Zauberer
Gregor Egerton

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:18 pm

The gift part would make it very rare as, we all know, true pirates have no friends, just folk they havent robbed yet....

:)) :)) :))
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Previous

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions