Fertile Lands - Adjustment

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Fertile Lands - Adjustment

Postby Charles Vane » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Currently Fertile Lands grants 500 acres to the user for 30 days in the selected port. What if the user does not want 500 acres total?

I would like to propose a re-work to the cards effect..

------------------------------------------

Fertile Lands

Turns Required - 3(x)

Choose Port

Your plantation receives 100 acres at target port + 50 acres times the number of extra turns invested (x), for 30 days.
Max per card is 500 acres.

Does not count towards port maximum acres.

------------------------------------------

This would allow more control over the type of plantation one wishes to have in the given port. For 11 turns you get the max of 500 acres per card.
Charles Vane

Re: Fertile Lands - Adjustment

Postby Cutpurse » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:24 pm

for most i feel this would do nothing but add to the turn cost. consider different approach - invest extra turns, and receive less acres for longer duration?

500 acres, 30 days as default.
250 acres for 60 days
100 acres for 150 days - in this manner
Cutpurse

Postby Charles Vane » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Very nice Cutpurse i did not consider that but it is a much better alternative.

Fertile Lands

Turns Required - 3(x)

Choose Port

Your plantation receives 500 acres at target port for 30 days - 100 acres times the number of extra turns invested (x), Also gain an additional 30 days per extra turn invested up to a maximum of 150 days.

Max additional turns is 4.

Charles Vane

Postby Cutpurse » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:54 pm

balance need to be considered. at current state of crx and voodoo market, casting fertile is similar to paying around 100gc per acre. so the card itself holds far more value than turns required. i personally find the card to be balanced and would only change the acreage and duration in way i described, to maintain that balance.
Cutpurse

Postby DezNutz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Charles Vane wrote:Very nice Cutpurse i did not consider that but it is a much better alternative.

Fertile Lands

Turns Required - 3(x)

Choose Port

Your plantation receives 500 acres at target port for 30 days - 100 acres times the number of extra turns invested (x), Also gain an additional 30 days per extra turn invested up to a maximum of 150 days.

Max additional turns is 4.

If it follows Cutpurse model, shouldn't that be:

Your plantation receives 100 acres at target port for 150 days. For each additional turn invested your plantation receives 100 additional acres, but loses 30 days of ownership.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Charles Vane » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Either or ;), i just went for more turns to get less acres but longer duration. If you want more turns to give more acres and less duration thats fine by me. What im really after is the ability to reduce the amount of acres it gives to allow more flexibility in the setup one would prefer to achieve.
Charles Vane

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions