Emergency Dash

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Emergency Dash

Postby PFH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Rarity: Rare
Turn cost: 8
Length of effect: 12 hours
Effect:
Whenever target fleet leaves a port, add 18 danger. The travel to the next destination is shortened in time by 75%.

Max target fleets for a target affected player is 3 and no more than 2 casts on each fleet in a span of 24 hours.

Thoughts?
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Re: Emergency Dash

Postby DezNutz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:38 pm

-1 No. This is beyond over powered.

You could potentially be putting 18 danger on a fleet every 15 minutes and if used in combination with Disfavor gives you 2 plunders each time.
Last edited by DezNutz on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby PFH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:40 pm

If a trade fleet is attacked via norm plunder on a route it pauses. So no you wouldnt be able to do that unless the fleet is manually being moved.
PFH

Postby Meliva » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:42 pm

I really don't see any use for this card. It's just a worse version of flying Dutchman.

Though I suppose if one used it on a trade fleet, that lets you hit it each time it leaves port until the voodoo is cleared or runs out. So It would be somewhat decent card for plundering I suppose.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby DezNutz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Clock wrote:If a trade fleet is attacked via norm plunder on a route it pauses. So no you wouldnt be able to do that unless the fleet is manually being moved.

That assumes that the fleet is hit right away.

And assuming the fleet is hit, you are still getting the potential for two plunders.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby PFH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:48 pm

I was thinking along the lines of speeding through nation ranks and plundering. Would be cheaper to spend turns than a flying dutchman each time you transfer to close ports.

You make a point which was intended behind the effect :)
PFH

Postby PFH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:50 pm

DezNutz wrote:
Clock wrote:If a trade fleet is attacked via norm plunder on a route it pauses. So no you wouldnt be able to do that unless the fleet is manually being moved.

That assumes that the fleet is hit right away.

And assuming the fleet is hit, you are still getting the potential for two plunders.

The trade fleet would halt until somebody hits it or the danger drops and by then the effect wears off as it has a 12 hour timer
PFH

Postby Meliva » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Clock wrote:I was thinking along the lines of speeding through nation ranks and plundering. Would be cheaper to spend turns than a flying dutchman each time you transfer to close ports.

You make a point which was intended behind the effect :)

Wouldn't be much cheaper at all really. This card just like the Dutchman is listed as rare. Unlike the Dutchman this card takes 8 turns-to its 1. And again unlike the dutchamn it also doesn't instantly move your fleet-just speeds it up-something favorable winds can do already-which is a common. Dutchman also doesn't hit you with a 18 danger rating-which will probably end up getting your fleet hit-costing you gold that way.

All in all this card is like a bizarre combination of ambush and favorable winds-and it is not a combination that works very well.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby PFH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Well edits can be made. Lets say 75% faster and adds 6 danger?
Uncommon as well?
PFH

Postby Meliva » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Clock wrote:Well edits can be made. Lets say 75% faster and adds 6 danger?
Uncommon as well?

even then, its still just not an appealing card in my opinion.

Favorable winds, when stacked 5 times gives all ships 50% move speed for 3 whole days, with no side effects and is a common.

This card, only affects a few fleets max, lasts no where near as long, and adds danger and is still more rare.

For the most part, new voodoo that is too similar to already existing voodoo shouldn't be added. Plus i feel like it would be OP to have a card like this along with favorable winds. 125% faster ships sounds crazy.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Next

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions