Generosity

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Re: Generosity

Postby Sebena » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 am

If we are to remove genos then I say we remove effect of FOJ casted few seconds before top of the hour
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
Sebena

Postby D00T » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:00 am

Not to insult you Banger but I kinda agree with PHX, the whole argument feels like you trying to make things easier for yourself.
God is dead. Long live the machine.
D00T

Postby Banger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:00 am

Bomont wrote:I see your point - not sure I agree with it though. I'm still learning all this stuff - especially voodoo. So thanks for the lesson :y

From my side - it's sure more expensive to get rid of those curses (purify, serenity) than it is to cast them on someone (HN, FfJ, taxation). But maybe I'm showing how little I know - might be better ways to deal with it.

If you were able to remove them all with purify then it's fairly close to even. With current market prices it might be slightly more expensive to clear them all with purifies. The main difference is it costs 8 turns to cast HNs and FfJs so to cast 3 ffjs and 2 HNs is 40 turns which is substantial. Even with double turns on they is over 3 hours worth of turns.
Banger

Postby Banger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:02 am

SpacedefenderX wrote:Not to insult you Banger but I kinda agree with PHX, the whole argument feels like you trying to make things easier for yourself.

It's purely about balance. You should have to protect your own stuff, it shouldnt be so easy for a cape wearing super guildee to save your bacon in one click.
Banger

Postby Meliva » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:02 am

I would like to see what other players who play aggressively think, but to me, I think its fine as is, but I wouldn't object to reducing the pierce effect to 75% or 50%.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Meliva » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 am

Banger wrote:
SpacedefenderX wrote:Not to insult you Banger but I kinda agree with PHX, the whole argument feels like you trying to make things easier for yourself.

It's purely about balance. You should have to protect your own stuff, it shouldnt be so easy for a cape wearing super guildee to save your bacon in one click.

If we all should have to protect our own stuff why have guilds at all. Since the main purpose of a guild is to form a group who looks out for eachother. Likewise, a guild can also work together to raid someone. if we remove genos, why not remove self sacs? Should plunder with your own turns not turns a guildee gives you.

You see your logic is flawed. But i would still like to see what other aggressive players have to say about it.
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Charles Vane » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:07 am

I personally see no issue with it. I wouldnt want ship stealing to be easy, whether i am actively hunting or not.

Plus if i am after a fleet, im taking it with ambushes, levi's etc and in less then 3 minutes so its no problem. Raids with hn and foj should be for coin not ships so genos only add to the winnings.
Charles Vane

Postby Banger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:07 am

Meliva wrote:
Banger wrote:

If we all should have to protect our own stuff why have guilds at all. Since the main purpose of a guild is to form a group who looks out for eachother. Likewise, a guild can also work together to raid someone. if we remove genos, why not remove self sacs? Should plunder with your own turns not turns a guildee gives you.

You see your logic is flawed. But i would still like to see what other aggressive players have to say about it.

You still have buried treasure you can cast all the little long day.
Banger

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:08 am

I hate to say the opposite of my guildmate but I am fine with it but do share the bitter sting of its rejection when it inconveniences me.
On a side note it has saved my bacon and I was glad for it then. :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Meliva » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 am

And you like Vane said, have ambushes, levis, booty masters, and various other voodoo that can help steal ships. If your trying to just get ships with FoJ and HoN and that player is in a guild you should expect to have a very hard time pulling it off.
Meliva
Community Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions