Generosity

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Re: Generosity

Postby PhoenixKnight » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:42 am

It helps with newbies
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Postby Banger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:45 am

PhoenixKnight wrote:It helps with newbies

Half a million per cast with 75% piercing is necessary for newbies? Buried Treasure is a common and will do the same job albeit a bit more turn intensive to get the same results.
Banger

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:47 am

For me my burieds are for newbs and my genos are for my friends or guildmates. There has to be something to make your attempt dangerous and genos are it.
The trader takes a loss regardless to me its only fair and I have had my fair amount of geno rescued victims and I just shrug shake my fist and move to the next attempt. :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby Banger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:49 am

Dmanwuzhere wrote:For me my burieds are for newbs and my genos are for my friends or guildmates. There has to be something to make your attempt dangerous and genos are it.
The trader takes a loss regardless to me its only fair and I have had my fair of genos rescued victims and I just shrug shake my fist and move to the next attempt. :D

Again buried treasure would allow you the opportunity to save someone. If it's hard for me to raid, it should require some work by the rescuer too. Buried Treasure isn't piercing and to get enough in someones treasury would actually take some turns.
Banger

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:52 am

Banger wrote:
Dmanwuzhere wrote:For me my burieds are for newbs and my genos are for my friends or guildmates. There has to be something to make your attempt dangerous and genos are it.
The trader takes a loss regardless to me its only fair and I have had my fair of genos rescued victims and I just shrug shake my fist and move to the next attempt. :D

Again buried treasure would allow you the opportunity to save someone. If it's hard for me to raid, it should require some work by the rescuer too. Buried Treasure isn't piercing and to get enough in someones treasury would actually take some turns.

It isnt hard to raid 24 turns for initial voodoo and with help from us greedy masses alongside your own hits its simple.
You gain from every attack the trader loses with every attack and if you are LUCKY ships will drop :D
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby PhoenixKnight » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:53 am

Just because you hate a card doesn’t mean it is not useful. Otherwise most attack voodoo would already be gone
Phoenix Knight
PhoenixKnight

Postby Banger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:54 am

PhoenixKnight wrote:Just because you hate a card doesn’t mean it is not useful. Otherwise most attack voodoo would already be gone

Not saying it's useless. I just find it to be a bit overpowered for the job you claim it to be useful for.
Banger

Postby Bomont » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:55 am

I see your point - not sure I agree with it though. I'm still learning all this stuff - especially voodoo. So thanks for the lesson :y

From my side - it's sure more expensive to get rid of those curses (purify, serenity) than it is to cast them on someone (HN, FfJ, taxation). But maybe I'm showing how little I know - might be better ways to deal with it.
Bomont

Postby Meliva » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:56 am

genos don't even hurt a raid. It hurts ship stealing and stealing ships should be hard. And dropping geno to 50% piercing would be a huge impact, given that its a rare card. That would essentially mean half the time it wouldn't work, which is 3 turns and a rare voodoo wasted. Also maybe 500K gold, not sure if that would still be gone if it fails I wouldn't think so though.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby PhoenixKnight » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:58 am

All I see is a pirate complaining about a card that does not benefit him
Phoenix Knight
PhoenixKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions