(Rare) Distrust of Politics

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

(Rare) Distrust of Politics

Postby PFH » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 am

Name: Distrust of Politics
Type: Rare enchantment
Turn cost: 8
Time: 3 hours
Avenge X where X is the number of active enchantments cast from this player onto yourself. (Cancelling voodoo does not lower the number multiplied at the time of casting. Once X is, for example, 5, it will stay 5 no matter how many active enchantments are removed or are added to the caster of this card unless this card is canceled and recast.)

Target select port. Target player earns 1% less influence at target port when building up the port. Also, Charity donation adds .25% less to target player's influence at the selected port.
Evil Teddy Bear :P
PFH

Re: (Rare) Distrust of Politics

Postby Dmanwuzhere » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 am

So what you are saying is you want the benefit of curses to aid you in casting but not the curses on you.
Seems better once used all curses remain cannot be removed and have x.25 damage and duration.
:D :pirateflag
damages or butthurt received in the posting of these words is solely yours and yours alone
if counseling is needed therapist ahben buthert or cryin ferdays is available at the tp kleenex & creme clinic
:PP
I am a silly head and a meanie.
Dmanwuzhere

Postby PFH » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 am

Dmanwuzhere wrote:So what you are saying is you want the benefit of curses to aid you in casting but not the curses on you.
Seems better once used all curses remain cannot be removed and have x.25 damage and duration.
:D :pirateflag

That would be bad to have the curses not be able to be removed when this is cast. It already does the x.25 damage and duration. The X multiplies everything on the effect. For example: x = 10, then adds 10% less from port buildup and 2.5% less from Charity Donation, and lasts 30 hours.
PFH

Postby Grimrock Litless » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:40 am

The only time this would most likely be the most useful is during treasury raids, to prevent one party from becoming king faster or to prevent one party to staying king for too long.

This is not a bad voodoo, but most of the players hates suggestions about voodoo because they think it makes the game becomes "voodoo glory" and not "pirate glory" like the name matters about how the game should be.

+1
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Shadowood » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 pm

I firmly believe Ships need be brought into the Influence game. Trade Goods, Gold, Immigrants... These items need to somehow tie into increasing influence.

On the flip side, Blockades, Skirmishes, Plunders, need to some how affect it negatively...
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby PFH » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Shadowood wrote:-1

I firmly believe Ships need be brought into the Influence game. Trade Goods, Gold, Immigrants... These items need to somehow tie into increasing influence.

On the flip side, Blockades, Skirmishes, Plunders, need to some how affect it negatively...

I'll work on a few ideas for that. :) :y

Quick question: would Slavery be inappropriate to add to the game for plantations or for stocks in ports? Or should they be labor workers instead to not be offensive? Because slaves were a common practice in the days of old.

I'm not against any races or ethnics people. I'm just trying to see what could be good or notable to add to the game.
PFH

Postby DezNutz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Harlock wrote:

Quick question: would Slavery be inappropriate to add to the game for plantations or for stocks in ports? Or should they be labor workers instead to not be offensive? Because slaves were a common practice in the days of old.

I'm not against any races or ethnics people. I'm just trying to see what could be good or notable to add to the game.

You answered your own question. Read what you wrote and you will see.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby PFH » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:43 pm

DezNutz wrote:
Harlock wrote:

You answered your own question. Read what you wrote and you will see.

Fair enough :D :D
PFH

Postby Shadowood » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm

There was a voodoo card purposed with the name Slavery in it I believe. It was widely discouraged to use that word. Even though it is historicaly accurate to the time period.

I believe PHX suggested it.
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby PhoenixKnight » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 pm

Shadowood wrote:There was a voodoo card purposed with the name Slavery in it I believe. It was widely discouraged to use that word. Even though it is historicaly accurate to the time period.

I believe PHX suggested it.

I think you are referring to this

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2769
Phoenix Knight
Dragon of the desert and the two seas
PhoenixKnight

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions