(Legendary) Forces Of Chaos

Do you have an idea for a card ? Do you want a tweak on existing voodoo cards? Perhaps you even want one of them removed? This is where you can post your suggestion.

Re: (Legendary) Forces Of Chaos

Postby Meliva » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Haron wrote:I don't think ANY of these examples are too powerful. I've numbered them for ease of reference.
1) So you get 4% instead of 2% extra for one card. If you want to stack 5, you'd need to spend 5 legendary cards. I don't think I would waste my card on this - the effect would be too SMALL.
2) So, basically I get an extra ambush? Makes this card slightly better than ambush, since I can increase the total, but hardly very powerful. I don't think I'd waste my legendary card on this, either.
3) This COULD be nice - against a sleeping target with no guild. Might make a trade route LOSE money. Easy to counter, though. Just store goods instead of selling directly. I'd have to have a good plan and done lots of scouting to be willing to spend my card on this. I doubt it would ever be worth it.
4) So, the card is then equally effective as an assassin card? Which is worth 3 credits? Nope, not wasting it on this.
5) Again: Remember that the card only affects ONE other voodoo. Which in this case means it's worth about one booty master. Trade one legendary card for the value of a rare card? I think not.
6) Same here. Just spend another bribe card. The legendary card should be more valuable than ANY rare card, so I won't waste it on this either.
7) Same here. Yes, the ship loses two levels. So my card is worth the same as a call leviathan card. Not worth it - better to spend one more leviathan.
8) Well, depending on the turn cost, this makes the card worth about 20 turns. Again, definitely not worth it.
9) Confuse would be a possible use for this card. If locked with a mindbar, this could be irritating. Still, just get help from your guildmates to remove it. That's what I would do if I wanted to use voodoo and had confuse on me, anyway.
10) Still needs 1 card for each card you want to improve. In theory, you COULD waste 5 of this card to stop the targets fleet completely (speed -20% x5) That would be awfully expensive, though. Are there any situations where it would be worth it? Maybe, though I don't really see it. But then again, the card should have SOME use.

Meliva mentioned taxation. Again, I hardly think it would be worth it. It COULD be, though, if you plan on stealing ships right after server midnight. But overpowered? No.

So: Not really overpowered at all.

That does not mean the card is necessarily a good idea. The problem is that one would need to specify for each voodoo card what doubling the effect would mean. In some cases it may be obvious, but not in others. How would you double a mindbar, for instance? What about serenity? Oh, and what about the "party cards" - do you double the price you get? There are lots of cards like this. Which means the card would need an awfully long description. THAT is my objection to this card. It's not really overpowered - at least not for the examples DezNuts provided. It's just too complex, as the effect varies wildly depending on which card it's used on.

you make a good point haron. ill admit I overlooked the part where it effects only the next cast, but now that I know that it definitely is not OP like I initially thought. but it really is too complex, given the fact we have 90 voodoo cards at present. and would this card be able to be used on another legendary. that may make it OP. but another card that would be confusing on how to double is flying Dutchman. will it get you to a port instantly twice? too complicated to add.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Grimrock Litless » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:28 pm

"Isn't the complexity just awesome." - In a nutshell

What I think it would do is that it will allow you to choose 2 fleets to instant travel, like the cast menu shows that you can pick 2 fleets.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby DezNutz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Its power depends on costs. It's either too powerful because there are no costs, or its effect isn't worth the cost. Since Guluere has provided none, it doesn't matter that it only effects the next cast. Furthermore the suggestion states quadruple the effects. My examples were to a comment of possibly only doubling the effect. While doubling may not be over powering in some eyes, if I suggested some of my examples as new voodoo cards, I'd be willing to bet that I would get the response of too powerful.
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Grimrock Litless » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:57 pm

This would be good for those single cast voodoo (no duration), this also means for those who have limited amount of voodoo can still have the force of a few voodoo. Duplicate would have a chance of 50% to fail with this and if succeed, it would create 4 of that voodoo instead costing only 1 duplicate.

For the cost, if anyone have any idea on what cost it should by, feel free to say it.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Previous

Return to Voodoo Card Suggestions