(Uncommon) Tales of the Sea

In these forums you can:
a)Ask any questions about a specific voodoo curse. Something that is unclear maybe ?
b)Provide artwork for voodoo cards
c)Suggest a new voodoo card

(Uncommon) Tales of the Sea

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Uncommon

Instant - player

Cost: 8 turns

Description: Reveals # of attributes, attribute distribution, and ship traits of target ship.

This is just hypothetical, it could be modified to be more/less powerful.
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Re: (Uncommon) Tales of the Sea

Postby Shadowood » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:29 pm

I can not lie, that I have desired to know this of certain ships that I have attacked. I am assuming there are some that would like to know some of my ship set ups as well.

However, I must (-1) this card as there needs to be some element of surprise in attacks. Ship Traits did change the mechanics of battle when they came out. This change was not huge or drastic, but it added an element of chance that was lacking.

Is the fleet with 3 prize ships guarded by 1 or 2 ships with Levi Protection? Will my Call Leviathan trait activate and turn the tide of this battle? Is Fireship worth the extra damage?

These items and more need to remain a secret to the owner of the ships.

If you want to (vaguely) know the set of someone's ship, attack it with similar ships. Cast a spy, and set up a fleet that is identical and hit it. Looks that battle report. See if Call Levi or Fireship was used. Dig deep on that report and it will tell you what you seek (for the most part).
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby DezNutz » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:52 pm

This:

Shadowood wrote:I can not lie, that I have desired to know this of certain ships that I have attacked. I am assuming there are some that would like to know some of my ship set ups as well.

However, I must (-1) this card as there needs to be some element of surprise in attacks. Ship Traits did change the mechanics of battle when they came out. This change was not huge or drastic, but it added an element of chance that was lacking.

Is the fleet with 3 prize ships guarded by 1 or 2 ships with Levi Protection? Will my Call Leviathan trait activate and turn the tide of this battle? Is Fireship worth the extra damage?

These items and more need to remain a secret to the owner of the ships.

If you want to (vaguely) know the set of someone's ship, attack it with similar ships. Cast a spy, and set up a fleet that is identical and hit it. Looks that battle report. See if Call Levi or Fireship was used. Dig deep on that report and it will tell you what you seek (for the most part).
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Señor Bigote wrote:Uncommon

Instant - player

Cost: 8 turns

Description: Reveals # of attributes, attribute distribution, and ship traits of target ship.

This is just hypothetical, it could be modified to be more/less powerful.

Why do you need this?

Attribute Count can be somewhat guessed & ship traits of a ship can be found out very easily. Attribute distribution everyone has their own style; why would you want to copy someone!

Say it aint so!
Admiral Nelson

Return to Voodoo Curses Cards