new card - robin hood

In these forums you can:
a)Ask any questions about a specific voodoo curse. Something that is unclear maybe ?
b)Provide artwork for voodoo cards
c)Suggest a new voodoo card

new card - robin hood

Postby Cutpurse » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:42 pm

robin hood:
uncommon, 3 turns to cast. effect: a deserted voodoo card becomes yours.

so how it works? it chooses any existing card randomly, with equal chance for all cards. then it takes 1 of these cards from player who has most of the said card. do note it targets one with largest amount of that card, not player with largest voodoo chest. the target will get event notification, that robin hood has taken card x, but the casters voodoo log will not show who the card was taken from, it will only show what card was obtained.

alternative for the mechanic above would be to have it work exactly like tidal wave, and target top 10? largest voodoo chests, but that would likely be too easy way to drain useful voodoo from few selected people, and some of those gigantic chests might miss several voodoo cards that are useful.

bottom line is, that those who have most of anything do have too much, and they should share some of that. the more ships you have, the greater your risk grows, i really hope this would have similar effect on voodoo, and balance things a bit, and perhaps increase market activity aswell.

additionally i would like tidal wave to be added back to voodoo packs, as it is currently a gift only card, and it has become more rare than uncommon. i hope it was not removed due to complains from people that were its main targets, those people can afford, and should share some of their assets :)
Cutpurse

Re: new card - robin hood

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:00 pm

I like this... kinda like tidal wave. I will say I'm concerned that it will become impractical as people will always be receiving extremely common cards like spy network and lazy craftsmen... but I guess as long as the chances for all cards are equal for the most part then the card will produce a better card the majority of the time.
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Re: new card - robin hood

Postby Magnus the red » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:33 pm

I like this concept there's a lot of voodoo wasting away in peoples chests
Magnus the red

Return to Voodoo Curses Cards