(Uncommon) Ghost Fleet

In these forums you can:
a)Ask any questions about a specific voodoo curse. Something that is unclear maybe ?
b)Provide artwork for voodoo cards
c)Suggest a new voodoo card

(Uncommon) Ghost Fleet

Postby William Pitt » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Subject: (Uncommon) Ghost Fleet

Description:
Instant - Fleet
Turn Cost: 10 Turns (+ additional turns invested)

Description: Creates a duplicate of any selected fleet owned by the caster.

The card has a base duration of 24 hours. However, with every 10 turns invested 6 more hours will be added until a max 72 Hours is reached.

The ghost fleet provides two different functions if you are a pirate or trader.

PIRATES: If you hoist the Black Flag or possess less than 105 ships you'll be considered as a pirate. The ghost fleet will spawn in a port of your choice and attack a targeted players fleet as instructed.
The amount of battle the fleet can engage in per hour follows the formula: (Amount of Turns Used/10) * 2.

A 72 hour ghost fleet would be able to attack 18 times per hour.
10 turns for the first 24 hours
And 80 turns for the next 48 hours : (90/10)*2= 18

TRADERS: Anyone who is a member of a nation or owns more than 105 ships is considered a trader. Traders can assign the ghost fleet to protect their trade fleets. The ghost fleet will protect any fleet it is assigned to and mimic it's action... carrying resources/gold/immigrants. However, any attack or skirmish against the fleet the ghost fleet has to be defeated first.

KEYNOTES:

• 105 ship was used with the assumption that a pirate has a full fleet in every port.
• The ghost fleet will be shown in both trade master and spy network reports (exact same ship names, number,fleet name and number) HOWEVER the fleet won't exist.
• Voodoo casted against a fleet under the effect of Ghost Fleet has a 50% chance of failing.

• Ghost Fleet has no crew or gun unless it's in battle, and will disappear immediately after.
• Fleet is automatically repaired every hour/half hour after its creation.
• No battle log is generated publicly (guild or port battles) and PERSONAL logs disappear for both defender and attacker when the curse expires.

• Losses incurred by the ghost fleet don't affect the pirate. Resources transported by ghost fleet don't cost the trader..
• The curse CANNOT be cancelled.
•.......open to suggestions.
Last edited by William Pitt on Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
William Pitt

Re: (Uncommon) Ghost Fleet

Postby Shadowood » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:15 pm

So, I can make a fleet.
Steal someone's ships
The community won't know who did it
And the fleet will disappear with no chance of retaliation?

All for just 10 turns???

WHERE THE HELL DO I SIGN UP!!
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Most Lee Harmless » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 pm

So... if I 'ghost' a goldbar carrying fleet... the bars it carries cost me nothing? But I keep the coin they sell for?... Seriously?
-1 : Move to archive.
Most Lee Harmless

Postby DezNutz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:26 pm

Did Guluere make a new account?
I'm only here for Game Development and Forum Moderation.

If you see a forum rule violation, report the post.
DezNutz
Players Dev Team Coordinator

Postby The Lamb » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 pm

So if I ghost 10 fleets, go to Baramas then St Martins then Tzogos and meet with a one legged man named limpy can shadow still steal my MoW? :x
Remember...
You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once!
The Lamb

Postby Shadowood » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 pm

DezNutz wrote:Did Guluere make a new account?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:respect :respect :respect :respect :respect :respect
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Leo the Conqueror » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Wait can you make a ghost of a ghost fleet? I wanna see how many ghost MoWs I can sail!
A prison warden must be the very best at kung fu.
Leo the Conqueror

Postby Shadowood » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:54 pm

In all seriousness, Cap'n Z, thank you for contributing to the game. Don't take our comments to heart and stop suggestion ways to improve the game.

Your suggestion is a bit overpowered.

I do think some sort of "Ghost Fleet" is a great idea for the game. I would simplify this suggestion down to maybe:

Ghost Fleet
8 Turns - Instant
Active 24 hours
Cast upon any of your fleets (max 1 fleet at a time, max use 1 per 7 days)
With Ghost Fleet active, your plunder hits will be "undercover" to both the victim and on the gossip pages
Fleet listed as "Ghost Fleet" on plunder board

Something simple like this could work. Thoughts? This would allow someone to aid in a plunder undercover as long as they don't cast voodoo I suppose.
Danger would still be acquired so the attacker would need to figure out how to best hide this. (move to another port, use the hide out card, etc).

Smart players will figure out a way to know who the ghost fleet belongs to using other voodoo methods, so not sure how viable this is.
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Haron » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Great idea, Shadowood! Also, "ghost fleet" attacks should not trigger guild mate alarms.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Haron » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Honestly, however, I fear it's still overpowered. I cast this, and 23 hours 50 minutes later I spend 400 turns plundering with this fleet. After another 10 minutes, the voodoo ends, and poof, the fleet with 600 danger is gone.
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Next

Return to Voodoo Curses Cards