New Card: Shaman at Sea

In these forums you can:
a)Ask any questions about a specific voodoo curse. Something that is unclear maybe ?
b)Provide artwork for voodoo cards
c)Suggest a new voodoo card

New Card: Shaman at Sea

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:07 pm

Card: Shaman at Sea
Common
Turns: 3
Stackable 5x
When cast upon a ship, that ship can be loaded with a voodoo curse card.

A card is loaded using turns required to cast it.

Once card is loaded, it cannot be unloaded - it must be cast. Ships sold on market will be pre-selected, but targets can be changed (ports).

Cards are activated when:

1) ship enters combat (plunder only) with target being attacker or defender, as is selected, or
2) when fleet enters/docks at port target as selected.

Should be added to Gris Gris as option to obtain by chance.
Sir Henry Morgan

Re: New Card: Shaman at Sea

Postby Haron » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Which voodoo cards would be possible to load, and how would they function when being "activated"? What or who would they target?
The T'zak Ryn offers Naval Combat Solutions for the Quality Conscious Customer
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Sir Henry Morgan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:25 pm

A little thought and one can figure out which curses could be used, and which ones would not work....it is open to explore.

This is a variation on a theme from the ability to cast voodoo from ships in the Shaman at Sea thread.

Curses to consider:

Bless
Drums of War
Disfavor
Hostile Natives
Hostile Waters
Emergency Call
Royal Auxillary
Black List
Chains of Justice
Fugitives of Justice
Thriving Magpie
Assassin
Booty Master
Call Leviathan
Call the Kraken
Confuse
Pirate Tales
Sabotage
Swarm of Worms

...these would be curses that could be loaded into fleets. These would all work on offensive and defensive actions.

While port cards could be loaded, it may not be as beneficial or strategic.
Sir Henry Morgan

Postby Meliva » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Ooh, if you could load a hideout voodoo on a ship, that might help motivate folks to use bigger and fancier ships. A MoW with the hideout voodoo on would be a nasty suprise for anyone trying to steal it *cough* shadow*cough* :D
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Shadowood » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Meliva wrote:Ooh, if you could load a hideout voodoo on a ship, that might help motivate folks to use bigger and fancier ships. A MoW with the hideout voodoo on would be a nasty suprise for anyone trying to steal it *cough* shadow*cough* :D

I don’t steal ships anymore! :D

Oh wait...
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Shadowood » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:51 pm

I like this one.

Honestly the two cards that would be the most effective in my eyes are confuse or chains of justice.

This card would make an attacker use mindbar while attacking or risk having to clear a spell mid raid
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Meliva » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Also, will this be limited to a certain amount, or could you load as many ships with voodoo as you want if you have the cards and ships? Could you load a fleet of 5 ships, with each ship having a voodoo? That seems like it could be a touch broken.
I'm a meanie head! Beware my Meanness :arr
Meliva
Community Administrator

Postby Haron » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Chains of Justice on this one would be overpowered. It would utterly ruin plunders.
Haron
Forum Rambler

Postby Haron » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:05 pm

I fear this may end up being useful almost solely to defenders. And in my opinion, defending is already way too easy.

This allows defenders to use certain voodoo only when attacked, rather than keeping it all the time, "just in case", which makes using voodoo defensively way cheaper. And CoJ just kills plunder outright.

I believe the argument behind this idea originally was to get more and "better" sea battles. I fear we will get the opposite, since when all traders have stocked all their fleets with defensive voodoo, no one will attack them any more, effectively ending sea battles completely.

We need more incentives for people to attack, not more ways to prevent attacks from being profitable.
Haron
Forum Rambler

Return to Voodoo Curses Cards