.:: Admiral Nelsons Plunder Calculator ::.

Find here guides written by players for players.

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:38 pm

.:: Version 0.8 ::.

Ahoy all,

As I mentioned earlier I have been working on a Plunder Calculator, to Calculate how many hits you would need to get a person to a certain amount of Gold coins. I encountered some errors (With adding Advanced Piracy etc) however I believe I have managed to fix them. Please note, again this is in early development and may still be some bugs. If so please report. Until some bugs and more implementations have been added I will call this Version 0.8.

Here is a few screens of the Plunder Calculator in action:

Home Screen:

Plunder Calculator Page:

You can use this calculator here:
http://piratesgloryan.000webhostapp.com/Battle-Calc.php

Please note: There is two versions of this site (HTTP, HTTPS). However the link I sent is HTTPS; which is always adviced but does not really matter as you are not inputting any important data into said fields. Now you may be asking, why not just use a spreadsheet? Well because that takes up storage space on ones device to store the 'data' involved; whilst if its online its saved on a server.

Please let me know if there is any bugs within this calculator, any future additions to this calculator you may want to see or just general feedback. It is appreciated. If you have ideas for other projects, please let me know also. :)

- Admiral Nelson
Admiral Nelson

Re: .:: Admiral Nelsons Plunder Calculator ::.

Postby Dejanira » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:16 am

An index page to easily jump from a calculator to the other and to bookmark the site. Would be useful.
Other ideas mhh
Probably could be interesting to see how a ship profile (att points) changes via the Gunpowder and Metallurgy techs?
Or how many average-income days are needed to repay a leveled up tech? Like, if one earns X gc a day, how many days will he/she need to repay leveling a tech up to 20th level?
Stay tuned on Radio Image Bermuda!
Are you a new player? Contact me in game and I'll cast a helping voodoo. Consider this like a sort of "tutorial mission".
Dejanira

Postby Admiral Nelson » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am

.:: Admiral Nelsons Plunder Calculator - Planned Updates ::.

Ahoy all,

I am hoping I can get the 'Plunder Calculator' to Version 1 today; below is a list of planned updates to be done to the Plunder Calculator today:

- Plunder Fleet Calculator (An addition to the original.)
- Add some form of Navigation (Suggested by Dejanira)
- Plunder Calculator (Detailed Version)
- UI improvements.

Many Thanks,
- Nelson.
Admiral Nelson

Postby Admiral Nelson » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:05 pm

.:: Admiral Nelsons Plunder Calculator - Version 1 Released! ::.

Version 1

Ahoy all,

What a busy day I have had, plundering the weak and the helpless! However I managed to sit down for a few hours and implement a few new things; below will be a list of things done today:

- Added a Menu: It is now possible to switch between Calculators (Booty Master Calculator and the Plunder Calculator- The menu does include two 'Coming Soon' tabs which you guys will find out soon enough what is featured within.)

- *New Feature!* A Total Fleet Plunder Calculator: Where a person can type in the persons gold level, and the amount of fleets there target has. And it will calculate how much you will take them - and if they are at Plunder Level (This is calculated through the '5th Ship' option). Due to this, I have also added two buttons to switch between the two calculators. (Plunder Calculator, and total fleet plunder calculator.)

- Event Handling: Added some Event Handlers. Alike the Booty Master Calculator if the person typed in a low amount it would put strain on the server. This is no longer possible through IF statements and, input form validation.

-*New Feature!* Detailed View: Added a Detailed View into the Plunder Calculators. Now you can see how much you take from each hit and how much the victim will have left after each hit.

Now it is in Version 1. Tomorrow I will be working on the Booty Master Calculator again, trying to implement a new feature. However please note, if you do find any errors - Please be sure to report them. Whether they are PHP errors, mathmatical errors or typos. I appreciate any help given on this fine project. If you have any suggestions for future calculators or implementations that could be done. Please state. You could find them making there way into this calculator - Like Dejanira suggestion did.

- Admiral Nelson
Admiral Nelson

Return to Player Guides