.:: Admiral Nelsons Booty Master Calculator ::.

Find here guides written by players for players.

.:: Admiral Nelsons Booty Master Calculator ::.

Postby Admiral Nelson » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:39 am

Ahoy all,

As you know there has been a lack of Avonmora Daily posts recently, this will change soon. However I have been working on a Calculator for Booty Masters. Please note this is a work in progress so there is going to be bugs, which will be fixed. This is version 1. Obviously the more updates I do, the higher 'version' it will have. IE Version 1.1, Version 1.2 hell even version 1.21 if need be.

Main Screen:

Calculated Screen:

You can use this calculator here:
https://piratesgloryan.000webhostapp.com/Booty-Master-Calculator.php

Please note: There is two versions of this site (HTTP, HTTPS). However the link I sent is HTTPS; which is always adviced but does not really matter as you are not inputting any important data into said fields. Now you may be asking, why not just use a spreadsheet? Well because that takes up storage space on ones device to store the 'data' involved; whilst if its online its saved on a server. Included a Min and a Max amount of Booty Masters needed, for there is no telling how unlucky an individual may get and each booty master could only take 3% of the victim, for example.

Please let me know if there is any bugs within this calculator, any future additions to this calculator you may want to see or just general feedback. It is appreciated. If you have ideas for other projects, please let me know also. :)

- Admiral Nelson
Last edited by Admiral Nelson on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral Nelson

Re: .:: Admiral Nelsons Booty Master Calculator ::.

Postby Slammerg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:40 am

Looks good, I will give it a try - Thanks for smart application :respect
Slammerg

Postby Grimrock Litless » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:39 am

Could you add a recalculate button? So people don't have to click return.
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Admiral Nelson » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Grimrock Litless wrote:Could you add a recalculate button? So people don't have to click return.

May I ask, what do you mean?

The return button redirects the person to the 'calculate' page so a person can do another one.

By the sounds of it you want a button on the 'Calculated' page (Look at original post) so you can input an amount into the two boxes at the top and it do it again. Am I right? :)
Admiral Nelson

Postby Grimrock Litless » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Admiral Nelson wrote:
Grimrock Litless wrote:Could you add a recalculate button? So people don't have to click return.

May I ask, what do you mean?

The return button redirects the person to the 'calculate' page so a person can do another one.

By the sounds of it you want a button on the 'Calculated' page (Look at original post) so you can input an amount into the two boxes at the top and it do it again. Am I right? :)

Yes
"Got ya."
Grimrock Litless

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 am

.:: Booty Master Calculator - Planned Updates: Day 2178 ::.

Due to me doing an Avonmora Daily Post today and another Calculator for the game, there will be little updates on the Booty Master Calculator today. However I will try to do the following updates:

- Detailed View: Where it shows how much each Booty Master takes off the person in gold coins, then the amount they have left. An example:
"Your Booty Master has stolen 2,365,348 from your Victim. Which leaves him with 26,394,923 in his purse".
- Make the page more 'User Friendly'.
- Make a total 'Credits Cost' Compared to gold coins (To see if you profit from the Booty Masters).

See you all in the Update post ;)
- Nelson.
Admiral Nelson

Postby Admiral Nelson » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:50 pm

.:: Admiral Nelsons Booty Master Calculator - Version 1.3 ::.

Ahoy all!

After a hard day working out the problematic issues that have occured from pinning essientially my own servers CPU to 100% with one request to an IF statement not working. These are the following updates I have issued (Which are now on the website.)

Updates:

- Detailed View: When clicked will show you the advanced 'Calculations'. How much you will get for each Booty Master, how much your target will be left with and how many Booty Masters you will need at the top left, and remaining gold coins to the right. (Makes it Version 1.1)

- Improved the UI of the page: Moving some elements to the left, right, up or down. (Makes it Version 1.2)

- Added Event Handling: As I mentioned in my first paragraph. If you typed in a low enough amount and went onto detailed view. This would pin the Servers CPU at 100% (As this is Server Side Scripting I use, which means processing is done on the servers side - I think.) So now if you type in less then a specified amount or more gold coins then the person actually has, it will redirect you back to the main Booty Master Calculator page. (Makes it Version 1.3)

https://piratesgloryan.000webhostapp.com/Booty-Master-Calculator.php

Many Thanks for all the support so far. Any suggestions/future implementations, please message me in-game or post in this forum. :)
- Admiral Nelson
Admiral Nelson

Postby Admiral Nelson » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:27 pm

.:: Admiral Nelsons Booty Master Calculator - Version 1.8 ::.

Ahoy all,

Sorry about the lack of posting regarding the calculators as of recent - I have been busy either plundering or working in real life. However that does not mean I have not been doing anything. I can now see this Calculator as 'finished' however will mark it as Version 1.5 - As chances are there is still some updates to be done (Whether it is to fix bugs within the calculator or an error in the code.

Updates:

Profit Calculator: I have added a Profit Calculator as well as the 'Original' Booty Master Calculator. With the Profit Calculator there is no detailed view, however it tells you the amount in Credits the Booty Master(s) will cost, the amount made and the total profit you get from casting X amount. This takes it up to Version 1.6

User Interface Improvements: Throughout the past few days I have been adding a few 'final touches' such as making the 'amount' of gold coins easier to read. Before the format could of been 13186232, which is not easily read. However now it appears 13,186,232. Another improvement is, adding two buttons to change the Calculators - Meaning less is included in the main Navigation menu, makes things a lot easier (In my opinion). Version 1.8.

Changes to be done: (This will be edited if theres any suggestions I approve)
1) Make the Credit 'Price' included in the script change depending on the price on the Credit Market. So when the credit price changes in gold coins So will the script to state how much the booty masters will include.

Now again, this is still an project in the works. So if you spot any insecure 'elements' of the page, bugs, or mistypes. Please either message me directly or post in forum. Best to message me in game, if its a security issue. :)

- Admiral Nelson
Admiral Nelson

Return to Player Guides