Ship Ransom, Plunder Values and other various ramblings

Find here guides written by players for players.

Re: Ship Ransom, Plunder Values and other various ramblings

Postby Shadowood » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:48 pm

Bmw wrote:i was attacking a fleet with 5 sotl's in it yesterday ran out of ambushes so i wasn't able to take it sadly (only had three) and sadly 2 of them were blocked.

Let this be a lesson to all you new players reading this... Do your math and due diligence before a raid. You don't want to have this happen to you.
:D :D :D
I don't fear death. I look forward to it with great anticipation. For then I will met God face to face and let him know that I stole his Man of War!!!
Shadowood
Fantasy Draft Deity

Postby Admiral Nelson » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Admiral Nelson

Postby Donald Trump » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:51 pm

I find that not having SoTLs or MoW are the number one protection against losing them. Jee, I wonder why.

I think expensive war fleets are worthless.

You can't use them too much or they will rack up too much danger then get stolen by some chump who has a few krakens and disfavor. By that, you can never use them enough to get back the money you paid for them. Then, there is always the looming threat of someone taking them even if you don't use them to plunder.

But. For some. Toys > Logic. And boy, they do cry when they lose their toys.
Just repeat after me: "Czar Ivan did not help me win the elections."
Donald Trump

Postby Mugiwara » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:52 pm

Charles Vane wrote:+ 1 on this guide Shadow. Short, easily readable, and to the point.

It seems the most basic of defensive concepts escape the newer player base, or have not been taught thoroughly enough. As Avery mentioned some just do not listen and need to learn the hard way.

In any event, well done mate!

Its not like we didnt tell. Cant listen due to always having high danger on fleets which prevents to change fleet setup:D
Mugiwara

Postby Admiral Nelson » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:53 pm

High danger... Pah... you know nothing of it...

* Sits down on a chair and tells the boring story of his danger rating, once. *
Admiral Nelson

Postby Mugiwara » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:54 pm

im not speaking about me:D about today's victim:D and hacing 300-400 danger quite big for a new player.
Mugiwara

Postby Donald Trump » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:57 pm

I think the worst thing I have ever witnessed are newbies losing their fleets, and then ASKING for another pro player to PAY for their next stupidly set up fleet.

And some of these pro players actually do it. They don't explain WHY they lost their first fleet and how to prevent it. They just hand over their money. Some do it in a loan. Because, they love repeating costumers so of course keeping them stupid means more for the banker.

I've came to realize some don't realize their mistake after they lost it. They just redo the same thing. It requires some tough love.
Donald Trump

Postby Mugiwara » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:02 am

most of the ship loses by new player happened due to easy access to high tier ships thanks to shipwreck hunt feature. a few newcomers had a lot of sotls 10, mow 10 with high att.

their second week in the game with 4 sotl 10 and cutter tail fleets:D who would think that will be even possible. easy come easy go. after all they learnt the feeling of loses at early stages. i hope it will help to improve their knowledge. maybe hard way but still good to learn.
Mugiwara

Postby Donald Trump » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:06 am

I ain't blaming the newbies. It is poor or nonexistent advice of pros who are right next to them and tell them NOTHING, and instead pay for their next mistake.

Unless, that newbie is just being ignorant. Then it is a painful stare at their losses.
Donald Trump

Postby Mugiwara » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 am

yeah you have a point. but a lot of newbies just ignoring.
Mugiwara

PreviousNext

Return to Player Guides